Sign in to follow this  
echelon

Recommend Headphones Below SGD$300

Hi people,

I'm currently looking for a headphone that cost below $300. However I would want the headphone to sound clear with good soundstage, most importantly for vocal and instrument, I will need some bass too. I am looking at Grado SR225 and Sennheiser HD595, please recommend me anything that deserve to be considered.

Also on the other hand, I would like to ask if there is custom cables available for the IE8 too, thanks.

The Grado will give more kick & life!

The Senn will give more relax sound

Since you posted in portable section, I assume you are looking for portable not full size headphones.

For portable headphones, I recommend V-Jays or Tracks AIAIAI. I have compared them with Koss PortaPro LE, and they sound better, more natural, lively, with more bass and treble extension.

While V-Jays is a very good all-rounder, for vocal and acoustic instruments, I prefer Tracks AIAIAI.

You can read my friend review here:

http://www.headfonia.com/?p=4537

Or if you are looking for IEM, you may try Superlux HD381F and Hippo Shroom. HD381F has thicker mid and better bass, while Hippo Shroom is excellent in clarity and instruments separation.

Guest dragonboy

Since you posted in portable section, I assume you are looking for portable not full size headphones.

For portable headphones, I recommend V-Jays or Tracks AIAIAI. I have compared them with Koss PortaPro LE, and they sound better, more natural, lively, with more bass and treble extension.

While V-Jays is a very good all-rounder, for vocal and acoustic instruments, I prefer Tracks AIAIAI.

You can read my friend review here:

http://www.headfonia.com/?p=4537

Or if you are looking for IEM, you may try Superlux HD381F and Hippo Shroom. HD381F has thicker mid and better bass, while Hippo Shroom is excellent in clarity and instruments separation.

The V-jays seems to be a Not So Popular choice most would recommend, but it sure is a ultra light portable GOOD sounding headphones.

The V-jays seems to be a Not So Popular choice most would recommend, but it sure is a ultra light portable GOOD sounding headphones.

V-Jays is a new model, just released last year if I'm not wrong, so, not yet popular because it is new, not many people have it yet. :)

For example, model like PortaPro already in the market for more than 25 years :D