Sign in to follow this  
monte

Options for DAC with headphone amp

Hi

I'm looking for a DAC which can also function as my headphone amp for my home system. Aside from the Benchmark DAC, any other recommendations for a DAC with a high quality headphone amp in that kind of performance level? I prefer a tube based DAC....

many thanks.

best regards

Will you consider separates ( 1 x Tube DAC, 1 x Headphone amp)

This will give you more flexibility in future upgrades (should there be any requirement)

Just my 2 cents!

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions. I am looking more for a DAC with headphone amp to feed into my amplifier which is driving my main speakers. my source is an ipod dock. this is so that I dont have to switch cables when alternating between my main speakers and headphones....

The Nova sounds interesting but I dont need the amplifier feature.....I dont think they do a DAC without amplifier.

Anyone here with experience with the Beresford Caiman? it's at a much lower price point than the Benchmark but wonder it it compares sonically... cheers

Thanking you for your responses.

best regards

Curious as why you didn't connect via tape out for headphone amp from your current system?

As that tape out will get signal from whatever source you selected, isn't it?

Care to elaborate about your system setup?

Hi

unfortunately the amp that i will be using only has three inputs and one output but no tape out....

Curious as why you didn't connect via tape out for headphone amp from your current system?

As that tape out will get signal from whatever source you selected, isn't it?

Care to elaborate about your system setup?

Edited by monte