joyeleng

Best Audiophile Noise Cancelling Headphones

Hi - I am a frequent flyer and after many years of bearing with airline headphones, I feel that I should invest in a good pair of noise cancelling headphones with excellent sound quality and comfortable for long usage. My budget is less than SGD$800. I see alot of folks with Bose, but I am not sure if it is really good or just plain marketing. Can someone offer me guidance please?

Thank You.

The audio technica ANC 7B is worth your buck. Tried it out when it first launched at a local IT show, as you know, IT show is crowded with people, what surprise me is the ability to cancel out outside noise very efficiently and it did not lose the sound quality to compromise the cancellation.

How about going for customs? Active Noise cancelling (ANC) Earphones are not as effective as customs. Also, ANC earphone affects the sound quality of the earphone itself.

Hmmm, well, is true that the sound of a custom sound much better than a universal fit. However, for a custom, you only get the isolation, mean you still get to hear the environmental noise at a little volume level (iirc, it reduce 26db of sound) as compare with a noise cancellation one that cancel out effectively engine noise.

Agree with blackmouth, a frequent flyer myself, the active noise cancellation works more effectively than a customs on the plane. Though I must say that customs are much more lightweight. The ANC7 are really good, I own a pair and have tried it on the plane.

My experiences also agrees with blackmouth0. I was once upgraded to business class once on Lufthansa and they supply Sennheisers ANC headphones. They were extremely effectively in eliminating engine noise. And I must say I can live with the sound quality.

However, I use IEMs whenever I fly long distance. I play some slow tempo music, to drown out the engine noise, so I can sleep. I find OEMs more comfortable than headphones because my ears hurt from the pressure of the phones.

Guest dragonboy

The audio technica ANC 7B is worth your buck. Tried it out when it first launched at a local IT show, as you know, IT show is crowded with people, what surprise me is the ability to cancel out outside noise very efficiently and it did not lose the sound quality to compromise the cancellation.

X 2... :party: