Fir3dp

what to get for 400?

i will be using it in the bus and stuff. hoping to find something closed back with a good sound stage and bass? :D thanks :D

try not to go above 450 la lol would prefer headphones thou. im using an d2+ and ipod nano

i went to try to d2000 for awhile and seems nice. hows it when it comes to bringing it out? blocks out noise? cause for drums also. i carry a huge crumpler with me everywhere .

For your budget I would suggest you try out the esw9 or if you are interested in iem the Ortofons. No comment on the D2000 since I've not heard it.

Edited by Ben

The esw9 is good in terms of sound but bad with isolation. Especially when you take bus, you can hear the engine sound and everything. lol

lol i shall try them . anyone can pm me the price of the d2000? isolation is quite important and comfort as well. i have a grado sr125 and gives me headache man! anymore? iem also can. i tried the westone 1 and didnt like it at all thou so kinna have a bad impression on iems

D2000 is 499 if im not wrong.. But its quite big, i don't think its portable at all. For portability wise, i think you should consider IEMS instead. ahah.

hmmm any recommendation for iem? one with a good soundstage?

anyone here actually brings their d2000 out? care to share? haha

I would advise against thinking of using D2000 in a portable setup. I actually tried, and D2000 design is simply too thick, and the long coil of cable isn't going to make things easier too. D2000 doesn't block noise very well too.

Isolation-wise, your willingness to use a full-size can, and based on your budget, you may want to check out Shure 840, available at Stereo.

are the d2000 or the shure 840 able to fold their cups 90 degrees like flat. that would help alot.hmmm do they have UE in stereo? if so i guess most of the things i want is there . would save me lots of trip :D

first i have to sell my sr125 thou

thanks alot guys hope ill find a good pair to listen on the long bus trips :D

actually size dosnt really matter as i only bring my headphones out when im carrying a bag. which is most of the time. and mostly in the back of the bus emoing and listen to music. lol just wondering if the cups can at least fold cause i scared crack or something if i lean on it. and i dont really like coiled cables. its annoying to me lol

my minds kinna set on the d2000 cause the reason i started this thread was cause i ichy hands went to try it and suddenly my grado sounds plain . at least to me but i still wanna keep my options open and see what others there are. the thing i like most bout the d2000 is the sound stage. (Y) always been something i look for. esp in jazz fusion and some instrumentals... mmmmmm

how come no one suggested any iem yet?!

Edited by Fir3dp