Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

Buying and mantaining vintage discmans in S'pore

Gp ... Woo that bad ??? wacko.gif highest capacity ( what the highest capacity so far ?? ) yawn.gif

Well have to wait until the pcdp arrive then decide what to get. This way is better kicking.gif

GP usually overrate their batteries and sell for higher, compared with other brands of the same capacity. And GP batteries die very quickly because they get (compared to other brands) very hot. For AA NiMH battries so far the best are Sanyo and Maha(ver very ex for Maha). I'm not sure about gumsticks though. I think choices very few. Hm, so far I've only seen 1400mAh ones.

O.o .... tongue.gif thanks for the info..

kicking.gif

hmm .. after reading the webby rolleyes.gif ... the sanyo gumstick NiMH seem quite a good batt ( the price is reasonable for me ) for my coming pcdp laugh.gif ..... but lekguan i wonder do i need a external charger for the gumstick or the pcdp can charge .... too ?? kicking.gif thanks for your info ... man .... you are so kind wub.gif

sure it comes with a DC adapter, it is meant for charging the battries as well. Since you are using NiMH and its also a gumstick, there wont be a problem charging them.

N3w.....the batteries that I bought are the GP batteries....that lekguan prefer not to buy...... no.gif

Anyway....still quite cheap for a pair though.....let me see how long will it last on my D777 drivin the HD280......

Its rated at 1400 mah.......

So far have used about 3 hrs from the first charge...still countin.....

the GP costs only $10+ if i remember correctly. Less than 1/2 of what the sanyo costs. so effectively you can buy 4 of it for $50 instead of 2 only.

Hmmm it seems that Gp is a better buy ..... laugh.gif 4 for the price of 2 sanyo sleep.gif

The strange thing is, GP is a local firm but the batteries/chargers sold here are about 20-30% more expensive than in HK. Needless to say, I bought my GP stuffs over there.

Cool ... w00t.gif just heard from blues .. laugh.gif seller have send to pcdp via express mail ..... kicking.gif by the way makie party.gif you said you can get cheaper for the Gp's items .... maybe ( can i ask you to get for me ?? ) lol.giflol.gif