Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

Buying and mantaining vintage discmans in S'pore

hmm the cost arr blush.gif ... i think its about 8 dollar biggrin.gif .... but i am not paying it laugh.gif ... he said that he will pay for the shipping ( Reason : he have no time to meet me .... ) laugh.gif .. Hmm seem a nice person wub.gif haha .... Hope it arrive soon whistling.gif Lucky Me kicking.gif

eh newtype remember to lend me the d777 for 1 month ah...

coz I've helped you to get it tongue.gif

lol.giflol.gif SUre .... My buddy .... lol.gifkicking.gifw00t.gif haha ... then post your perview .... here ... let's everyone know how it sound to you ... w00t.gifkicking.gifwhistling.giflaugh.gif

Hmm Finally arrive laugh.gif .... my new toy d-777.... w00t.gifkicking.gif But the pick up len is a little worth out man ....some cds it cannot read yawn.gif ( must send to sony to replace the len soon ) no.gif Tested out the sound .... innocent.gif it sound a lot better than my .... d-e925 player for sure ... yeah.gif but the remote ... port a little lose .... got to get sony fix up too

bump ... confrim costly .... no.gif

by the way anyone knows where to get the micro plug converter to the 3.5 mm jack ??? pm me if you happen to know where to get it or if you have wanna sell thanks w00t.gifkicking.gif

hehe that thing i also trying to find. I emailed Sony they say they don't have. Mat says he has one which Duncan fom head-fi gave him. Hmm, live without the remote.

Are you sure Sony will replace the laser for you? If can I also want! Mine the player will skip if CD is scratched/dirty.

My remote no problem. Not loose. newtype do you have box and all the accessories?

It might not be a lens problem, try relubricating the worm gears. And please do this proccedure very carefully.

hmm .. can you teach us the steps to go about it .... laugh.gif (reason ... is i not sure how to do it .... ) if really not the len's problem .... rolleyes.gif

My remote no problem. Not loose. newtype do you have box and all the accessories?

ya ... mine comes with the ... cd player .... charger ..... remote ..... earphone .....batteriestoo laugh.giflaugh.gif that all no box ... or accessories ( What accessories you mean ? ) w00t.gif and no instruction booklet ... and my remote is working fine ... after i clean the .... up the pins .... heehee w00t.gif err but the top cover where u see the cd spin the plastic is gone .... no.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

ya and the ..... player len's after a few years of use .... the len will turn weak no.gif .... so we have to replace it .... bo pian ... one laser head it self may cost from $$50~70 laugh.gif .... depending on which model ..... and the laser rack(tray) too about $$3~5 biggrin.gif and the service charge for the whole replacement cost $40 w00t.gif .... WAhhah is a hack off hammer.gif ... but this service charge include service the other parts of the discman ... too .... thanks to them But is still a RIP off from sony . yucky.gif ... it takes about a week or so have the service done .... whistling.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

newtype, you emailed Sony? and they replied with the cost for laser replacement?

No transparent plastic and no box? Seems like mine conditions a little better. Well what you listed are accessories. Except you did not list a carrying case. I have that too. Wonder why both of us don't have manual though. Some more that guy drove all the way to my house to sell me the D777.

Worm gear ask mat, he taught me how to do. Basically, the lens travle on a path. Either sides of the path are covered by a metal top cover right, so look under the covers, one of those has a long track that looks like a screw. You should see some white stuff like oxidised metal stuck in the troughs of the track. Use mini equipment to scrape those off. Do not remove unless you already have the new lubricant as this white stuff is the lubricant! Work very very carefully from outside, don't try to remove the metal top covering. You can use the "resume" function should you need to reach parts where the lens always cover when you stop the player. Meaning, play the last track and stop the CD with resume function on. So the lens will be stuck at the end of the track so you can clean the beginning of the track. Then apply some TAMIYA Silicone grease. This is what mat recommends. TAMIYA is the japanese brand of mini motor racing cars that go very fast which children used to love to play. He suggests that those shops should sell. I haven't come across one, so if you see, please tell me where or buy one bottle for me as well!

As for the contacts, fish suggests using Philips contact cleaner to clean them. Also have not found any blink.gif

Back to the manual: There is this site that sells service manual. Includes D777 as well. Cost is 13USD + 10USD for shipping. Don't think its worth it. http://www.servicemanuals.net/service.asp?..._id=1&x=25&y=13

Edited by lekguan

Any who needs the D777 manual, give me your fax no and I shall fax them to U. I photocopied my manual for Naz some months ago.

You mean Matbon0013. wink.gif