niccon

Neutrik & Viablue 3.5mm Jack, the same or 1 is better than the oth

I hate to say this but, bad choice bro... not to say that their products aren't good. but i recently bought a 4% silver solder from them and it can barely stick on my connector. Most of the time, i ended up mixing it with normal 60/40, tin/lead. However viewpoints may differ from person. As a beginner, i'd advice going for normal 60/40 or the 2% silver. I can't say anything about the mundorf silver solder since i'm yet to try.

Mine has no issue so far, let hope it will stays that way. :wacko:

IIRC silver solder has a higher melting point - so a 30 w soldering iron might not be hot enough

Quite true, I used a 30w soldering iron and have problem getting it melting. It takes a while before solder starts to melt.

I hate to say this but, bad choice bro... not to say that their products aren't good. but i recently bought a 4% silver solder from them and it can barely stick on my connector. Most of the time, i ended up mixing it with normal 60/40, tin/lead. However viewpoints may differ from person. As a beginner, i'd advice going for normal 60/40 or the 2% silver. I can't say anything about the mundorf silver solder since i'm yet to try.

use more solder grease/flux and a hotter iron.

i've mundorf 9.5% silver solder, 3.8% solder.

9.5% i got it when i was overseas, 3.8% you can get from larry hifi at basement of peoples park (the one where koba is), or you can get from Leda, very nice chap from Leda whom you can passionately discuss mundorf products and speaker design with.

for 9.5% it wets and solidifies best if you use a very hot iron, 60W to 100W, i've been able to get it hot enough for this solder to be nice and runny with some flux. smaller irons can work, but it will not melt properly, the solder joints will be quite dry, not exactly good.

right now i only use the 9.5% silver solder if i'm doing connections with pure silver wire, else everything else i'm using cardas's quad eutectic solder, easy to solder, flows and solidifies nicely without the need of a big fat iron. i bought it from parts connexion the last time i was buying resistors etc from them to save on shipping.

a good joint with normal tin solder > a silver containing solder but bad joint