Fir3dp

jena cables

YO!

just got a d2000 and wondering if i should recable.. afraid warranty void

isit worth it? any one got experience?

btw anywhere to get this cables or something bout 100?

sry man ask alot of questions lol

thanks alot!

I've already voided quite a few warranties doing this but to me it is all worth it simply because usually the weakest link in headphones are the cables. Not only do most of them sound bad, the build quality isn't too good either and hardly do you ever see headphones spoiling because the drivers are dead but because the cables are damaged.

I've already voided quite a few warranties doing this but to me it is all worth it simply because usually the weakest link in headphones are the cables. Not only do most of them sound bad, the build quality isn't too good either and hardly do you ever see headphones spoiling because the drivers are dead but because the cables are damaged.

Very true. Thats why i'm still keeping my 3 year old original mylarone x3... the build quality of these aren't very good, but still the drivers usually never spoil, rather it is the cable and usually at the 3.5 mm connector portion of the earphone. I'm still yet to find the right cables for these earphones though...

How long do you want your headphone cable to be? Since your D2000 uses a dual entry cable, your Jena wire would have to be quad braided, meaning a 25 foot wire will become a 1.8m cable. If you need a 1.2m cable, then you need 16 feet of Jena wire etc.

the thickness of wire lo

which results in differences in resistance

and the weight and flexibility

it also depends on how many cores are there inside

Edited by nekatrall