dumberchild

Amazon shipping and k702 comfort issues

I am thinking of buying K702 from amazon. How much will the shipping cost?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/dis...ationalShipping

in this list, I can only see electronics under priority shipping, which is $30 (imo too much). does standard and expedite shipping ship headphones too?

also, does akg k701/702 have serious comfort issues, esp regarding the bumps on the headband? is it necessary to remove them manually?

thanks

Amazon will not ship to Singapore directly. You will need to use Vpost (Oregon address) or Comgateway. Shipping and GST together will definitely be over $30 in total.

I found the K70x headband very uncomfortable for the first few times I wore it, but after seasoning the leather by bending it repeatedly, it became much more comfortable. If you're lucky, your K702 might have 8 bumps instead of 7, so there wouldn't be a bump right at the top of your head.

oh, do you mean that amazon do not ship headphones in particular to singapore or everything else? Have you tried to order from amazon? I actually see on their site that their international shipping includes singapore.

thanks

I've bought my K240 Studio and K701 from Amazon, if you provide a Singapore shipping address they will tell you they will not ship to you when you checkout. That's why I used Vpost since they have a US address. If you buy from the partner stores, you can get it shipped directly but the shipping rates are quite pricey. I think one of them quoted USD70+ for shipping a USD200+ item to Singapore.

I bought the K702 from an Amazon.com seller for only US$250 and shipped it to my hotel when I was in US. That's a whole lot cheaper than the local price. I think even if you factor in the shipping cost to Borderlinx/Vpost/etc it's still cheaper than the local price. Mine has 8 bumps in the headband, didn't find it uncomfortable at all.

BTW it has now dropped to US$244.55.

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K702-Open-Back-H...82060497&sr=1-1

Regards

CK

You can use this site called comgateway it will cost about 20-30sg to ship 1kg to Singapore

Use the free super savers shipping to get it to comgateway and then after that ship from comgateway to Singapore.

It really isn't very expensive. Usually headphones would be around 1kg volumetric weight.

If you need any help do pm me.

how much do k702 sell in singapore's shops anyway

I believe it's $700-800 odd?

Regards

CK

This thread is a good read/find. I never knew such services existed for all those "US-only" services.

Could you buy a bunch of items, and then ask Vpost/comgateway to ship all of them as one package, thus lowering the shipping cost? Thanks.

Good for buying from websites like rmcaudiodirect.

This thread is a good read/find. I never knew such services existed for all those "US-only" services.

Could you buy a bunch of items, and then ask Vpost/comgateway to ship all of them as one package, thus lowering the shipping cost? Thanks.

Good for buying from websites like rmcaudiodirect.

Price wise most of the time it becomes cheaper but the waiting time increases slightly. Shipping a typical headphone, IEM or 1kg would cost about 20 SGD