Sign in to follow this  
XiaXueYi

Headphones/audio stuff bought online at good prices

I made this thread to see if anybody has links to online stores with good prices for audio stuff.

Please do share - meanwhile I would also try to share.

Treoo, blueman, Bluetin are some of the sites that i monitor for good bargains.

If I've infringed any posting rights, please let me know, I'll be glad to remove/edit my posts.

Amazon would be the best place to shop online with the best price most of the time. You could ship it over to Singapore using Vpost which couldn't cost much.

Yes, My beyerdynamic DT-990 shipping cost is S$38 dollars after 10% discount from Vpost. (3.5kg) very good processing logistics. Vpost will update you via email from receiving your email-order from amazon, to updating you to make payment, updating you when they received the goods from amazon and finally shipment from vpost. very cool indeed. and totally reliable I think. Singapore company mah. hahaha

This helped me save some good money. I think singapore sell this headphone for about $600.00. I pay about $370 in total. Worth the while.

Edited by tiramisu515

Yes, My beyerdynamic DT-990 shipping cost is S$38 dollars after 10% discount from Vpost. (3.5kg) very good processing logistics. Vpost will update you via email from receiving your email-order from amazon, to updating you to make payment, updating you when they received the goods from amazon and finally shipment from vpost. very cool indeed. and totally reliable I think. Singapore company mah. hahaha

This helped me save some good money. I think singapore sell this headphone for about $600.00. I pay about $370 in total. Worth the while.

OT to the original topic:

Just a head-up with regards to vpost. If u are sending very expensive items, eg headphones, please do yourself a favour and get the insurance. there was once my levi jeans packaged was opened and it was replaced with a toy. Vpost insist it wasn't their fault and i never receive any compensation.

Granted that the fault could lie with the supplier rather than with vpost. but as the package was with vpost for at least a week before shipping, i tend to believe that the fault was with the staff over at vpost processing facility.

Ever since, i will use borderlinx for very expensive items as they have insurance from the seller and to me.

though slightly more expensive but i am happy to say, so far so good.

Thanks Cloud,

I have been buying online and use vpost quite a bit without any problem. Vpost provide insurance too. But will take your advise and learn from your experience too. Cheers.

Tiramisu515

OT to the original topic:

Just a head-up with regards to vpost. If u are sending very expensive items, eg headphones, please do yourself a favour and get the insurance. there was once my levi jeans packaged was opened and it was replaced with a toy. Vpost insist it wasn't their fault and i never receive any compensation.

Granted that the fault could lie with the supplier rather than with vpost. but as the package was with vpost for at least a week before shipping, i tend to believe that the fault was with the staff over at vpost processing facility.

Ever since, i will use borderlinx for very expensive items as they have insurance from the seller and to me.

though slightly more expensive but i am happy to say, so far so good.

Edited by tiramisu515

I'm not too thrilled with vPost. They were good at first, but got slower, less responsive, more expensive and also more prone to errors (from personal experience, as well as feedback from other forum). Later, they also ran into problems with shipping ear/headphones and products with lithium battery. Not sure if it's been settled though, since I haven't used them in about half a year.

Just made a new purchase - Sansa Fuze, going to try shipping with Borderlinx.

Edited by radioactive28

I'm not too thrilled with vPost. They were good at first, but got slower, less responsive, more expensive and also more prone to errors (from personal experience, as well as feedback from other forum). Later, they also ran into problems with shipping ear/headphones and products with lithium battery. Not sure if it's been settled though, since I haven't used them in about half a year.

Just made a new purchase - Sansa Fuze, going to try shipping with Borderlinx.

My beyer arrived very promptly, didn't buy insurance and did receive my headphone correctly. no hanky panky business. Customer service is good. What else can I say?