Sign in to follow this  
Groandas

DIY RA1 Parts

I made some extensive search on Grado RA1 and to my surprise, the parts used in RA1 are dirt cheap. I read an old post from this forum that there is a guy (not to mention name) used to sell the parts for a small fee.

Appreciate if anyone in this forum could guide me through in getting the parts for RA1 clone. Thank You.

I made some extensive search on Grado RA1 and to my surprise, the parts used in RA1 are dirt cheap. I read an old post from this forum that there is a guy (not to mention name) used to sell the parts for a small fee.

Appreciate if anyone in this forum could guide me through in getting the parts for RA1 clone. Thank You.

you mean like this ?

IPB Image

you mean like this ?

IPB Image

Why so many caps one? I thought only 2x 5uf input caps, and 2x 0.12 decoupling caps?

Actually I'm interested to built one also, wanna see how this grado version of cmoy sounds?!?!

For more information take a look at this:

http://hi.baidu.com/%C5%BC%B6%FB%BB%A7%CD%...bbca130c57.html

This website also stated that the orginal RA1 have a gain of (465/122K)+1 :gain of 1

, and some clone of ra1 uses a gain of (465K/122K)+1 :gain of 4.81

which makes the amp sounds different.

IPB Image

By the way, anybody knows where to get 5.1uf Solen caps, i have search ebay, i can only find 4.7uf...

Thanks

Edited by domm123

You may walk around Sim Lim Tower, and get all the parts there. For Op-Amp, you can try Federal at SLT 2nd floor. Other parts are common in SLT.