Sign in to follow this  
Alphaton

Please Recommend me Headphones! Im noob at this.

Have a budget of 400bucks. Looking for a decent headphones around this price range. I saw the Monster headphones from HMV. Those are really awesome but way too expensive. So i was wondering if there is anything close to that quality for a cheaper price. Im a noob at this so i really need help. Thks! :))

what kind of music do you like to listen to?

do you need it for home use or for portable use? What other equipment will you be pairing it with?

Are you looking for headphones or earphones? Have you tried in-ears before and are you comfortable with them?

$400 is a goodly amount of money and can get you a very good set of earphones/headphones. Conversely, it's also possible to way overspend and get something that's not suitable for your needs.

hey.. Erm, i just looking for one bassy one. Portable. Heavy sounding with deep resounding bass. Good noise isolation without having to up volume cause it damages ears. Pairing as in what player i use? I have a ipod touch but getting a itouch4 once its out. I also use my headphones to watch movies and animes on my computer so i would also consider the sound range (i suppose that is what its called) so that movies and flac sound tracks would be clearer and individual sounds can be heard. Personally, i prefer headphones over earphones. Im assuming earphones refers to all in-ears. Btw, nice technica ath sj5. i have got a pair of those too. ^^

I think the usual suspects for bassy, closed, portable headphone are:

Audio Technica ATH-M50

AKG K518DJ

Shure SRH840 or maybe SRH750DJ

Erm. I was just wondering about the Sony MDR-XB700. Though its just 50 dollars away from SRH750DJ, the specs seem to be quite different. The impedance for MDR-XB700 is 24ohms, which makes the music very loud from the same output. Will the sound quality be bad due to that problem?

Erm. I was just wondering about the Sony MDR-XB700. Though its just 50 dollars away from SRH750DJ, the specs seem to be quite different. The impedance for MDR-XB700 is 24ohms, which makes the music very loud from the same output. Will the sound quality be bad due to that problem?

Well, I'm not one for bassy 'phones, but lower impedance does not necessarily imply louder, and higher volume does not necessarily mean bad sound quality. It's all a matter of design. Besides, if you're going to be using a portable player with high-impedance large-diaphragm headphones, there's not going to be enough juice for the deep bass response.

Ask your best friend for reviews :D

Ah. I see. Thks alot for that part of the info. Really appreciated. I tried my friend's XB700 and its really bassy. I think i mite get headache so i shall stick with SRH series. :D

hey bro try the Sennheiser HD25-1-II. I have the 600ohms version and its a pretty balanced sound, with plenty of deep bass for your movies and soundtracks. its also the clearest portable headphone ive tried, but it might need an amp to shine.

do try it out! btw its smaller than the srh series, and much lighter as well