Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorOak

Should i get Skullcandy or Not

i am planning to get Skullcandy, is it worth it? or is it overrated? i have only $100++ budget. i just want some bass and noise cancellation headphones. any recommendation?

i think the general consensus is that skullcandy is good for style, but so-so for sound quality. If style/looks is impt to you, then by all means go get them. if sound quality is more impt, then you can try Audio Technica ATH-SJ5 (around $70) or AKG K518DJ (around $120).

of course, nothing beats listening with your own ears so go down to Stereo Electronics at Plaza Sing and give your targeted headphones a try, if you can. The staff there should be able to help with recommendations as well.

Have fun :party:

yup.. agree with kehyi with his comments. I owned the SJ-5 and it is really a fun sounding headphone as copmpared to skull candy which is more known for their design/style. Try it and hope u enjoy ur new toy! :)

i am planning to get Skullcandy, is it worth it? or is it overrated? i have only $100++ budget. i just want some bass and noise cancellation headphones. any recommendation?

Please be more precise in your words as that noise cancellation or noise isolation. Noise cancellation headphones are you referring those that passengers using on board the planes to cut engine noises?

Basically Skullcandy is all about street style looks as versus sound quality in general.

Given your budget there are quite a handful of choices like Grado, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, etc that will give your money worth.

If over the head, you may consider Bose, Sennheiser as they are very very regarded for their line of noise canceling headphones!

If over the head, you may consider Bose, Sennheiser as they are very very regarded for their line of noise canceling headphones!

Not sure about Sennheiser, but Bose should be way above his/her budget. I'm sure Bose performs decently, but I don't think they're good value for money, since they are more about their branding than their sound.

Bose is more comfortable to wear over long hours whereas sound is rather average.

Sennheiser is better in terms of sound but comfort wise not certain about their new models.

Had used their old model HDC-451 simple headband type rather uncomfortable over long hours!