Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorOak

Recommend me any bassy headphones pls?

Koss portapro!

IPB Image

Very compact good bass headphone to consider! :grin:

I 2nd this! Used to have the portapro, and i had it recabled with ES2 cabled. woah! the difference is simply indescribable!

Its is not the heavy thumping or bloated type of bass. But very controlled and deep bass.

I compared portapro and V-Jays, and I prefer V-Jays :D

FYI, I'm letting go my ATH-CKS70 and Hippo Boom in classified section if you're interested. Both are very bassy IEM.

Edited by bpribadi

For bass, you could go to Jaben and try the headphones.

Just ask them for bassy headphones and they'll recommend you some.

Don't ask to try any specific models first, just let them do their thing, after they've exhausted their options then you ask for specific models.

Note: I am the guy who wears my K701 out, so what is portable to me might not be portable for you. lol

Just some suggestions on headphones you can try:

1) Koss Portapro

2) Grado SR60i (Not sure if bassy enough, but it's good for modern music, if you can up your budget a little, i would suggest you go for the SR80i. Not exactly portable)

3) THe new Audio technica, can't remember the name of it, the design is quite retro

4) Sony XB500 (Don't know if this is portable to you)

If you want bassy earphones:

1) Hippo white

2) Hippo Boom

3) Crossroads Bijou 3

4) Futuresonics Atrios

Otherwise, you could find an Audio Technica WS70 secondhand on forums, that headphone is really really bassy, but it costs 200 bucks first hand.

FYI, if you can double your budget, nothing beats Shure SRH750 DJ for solid and powerful bass, with sweet midrange and treble ;)

I've SRH750 DJ, and I also listened to Audio Technica WS70, the basshead headphones from AT, & I prefer SRH750 DJ for much better bass, and overall tonal balance.

Hi, if that's the case I can actually recommend you a great deal for that. It's pretty hard to find headphones nowadays for a cheap price but the quality if good enough. Although, I found a store where you can actually look into the whole sets and brand of quality headphones. Try to search and see iheadphones. :cans:

Hi, actually do you have any brand in mind? All of us can recommand 101 headphones but it's good to shortlist few before trying. May want to do some online research. Just my two cent worth.