hiendnoend

recabling of Sennheiser HD650

My HD-600 since 10 years ago till today still working fine with its stock cable!

Of course by changing the cable will sound this or that better, but on the other hand be cautious on your spending for the cables.

Its like spending for speaker cables in hi-fi setup! There should always have a ratio or budget as over spending may or may not be substantial as if you guys come across those who spent for their hi-fis always set aside a ratio appx 20-30% for the cables. (and it still works till today)

My HD-600 since 10 years ago till today still working fine with its stock cable!

Of course by changing the cable will sound this or that better, but on the other hand be cautious on your spending for the cables.

Its like spending for speaker cables in hi-fi setup! There should always have a ratio or budget as over spending may or may not be substantial as if you guys come across those who spent for their hi-fis always set aside a ratio appx 20-30% for the cables. (and it still works till today)

Hehe.

Mine I got it since 2003 when I join this forum. Sigh, my stock cable damage is due to always stuck under the wheel of my chair and I accidently jack it.

Now I am sourcing for those plug for the headphone and gonna build a specialize cable with RCA instead of those normal stereo jack. Will build an amp to go with it.

You may also wanna consider terminate with XLR canon plug as it has locking as versus RCA plugs.

You should try Blue Dragon. Much much better than the stock.

I managed to get my friend to DIY for me.

Total cost only about $150 which is half the cost if you compare to those ready-made from Drew (Moon-Audio).

The improvement is huge from Stock! =)

You should try Blue Dragon. Much much better than the stock.

I managed to get my friend to DIY for me.

Total cost only about $150 which is half the cost if you compare to those ready-made from Drew (Moon-Audio).

The improvement is huge from Stock! =)

Give or take if your HD-650 cost 6xx & the cable change cost you 25% or more than is the equation balance with our overall setup?

Give or take if your HD-650 cost 6xx & the cable change cost you 25% or more than is the equation balance with our overall setup?

yup. I got my HD650 at $600. With the DIY cable costing around $150, yes, it is roughly 25% the cost of my headphone.

But IMO, that can really give you some huge improvement over stock cable.

:grin:

I waited for a year before I decided to go for cable upgrade. Not a easy choice because I was not a cable believer in the past.

The next upgrade (HD800) is abit too 'far' for me currently - CK Tangs is selling at S$2.2k