Sign in to follow this  
The Audio Hub

Fischer Audio Genesis/Falcon

It's no secret that Fischer Audio's Genesis and Falcon has been announced, we in Singapore usually get the commercial samples first due to warm relations and proximity to Russia.

For those who are in the dark this has been announced quite some time back - http://www.fischeraudio.ru/articles/pressr-fund-2010.php

IPB ImageIPB Image

So let's cut to the chase -

I got a text today from Treoo to audition the Genesis and Falcon, I quickly to meet up with them to take it home and rip it apart.

I was very curious about the Genesis due to its size and the way it was build, what attracted me to the design was the large housing.

In the back of my mind, I knew this was gonna be a basshead's wet dream.

Genesis

Lets start with the build -

I've known Fischer Audio since the day of their debut on the world's stage, I still have and use the Eterna V1 - Silver bullet.

I believe everyone knows by now that they are using ODM/OEM for their products, but the important thing to note is that with all my dealings with fellow FA fans is that the build quality is not a nightmare unlike many other brands.

Genesis is no different and I have found that they're choosing the right parts to make a winner.

The cables are cloth sheath, means micro-phonics are reduce to a minimum - read none.

The cables are flexible and light yet strong enough to handle a few hard tugs - in case of accidental mishaps where the cable gets caught on a hinge - happens to me alot when I walk around with my IEM

The color scheme and pattern reminds me of a rice cooker power cord which is not a deal breaker but interesting to note.

The plastic chrome housing is nicely finish and feels like quality build, not some cheapo snap together kind of production.

There is a port hole at the back of the housing as I will explain later enhances the sound - Bass.

Last but not least, and it's somewhat like a WIN for most FA fans, there is a nice plastic shell casing to keep your IEMS in.

No more raggidy-ass felt cloth string pouch which puts a tiny smile on my face.

Overall when I pick up Genesis to listen to music, I have no worries that it will fall apart or even if it falls on the floor my heart won't break unlike a Iphone4 user.

Initial Impression -

Fresh out of the box, I stuffed in my ear using my own Biflanges - Never liked or used the stock tips anyway, played a hip hop track on my sansa clip+.

I was greeted with phat ghetto boombox bass - if you're familiar with the expression of - Bass in your face, this is what you're going to get.

If you think Eterna was too much, this makes the Eterna sound like a polite school girl.

I was intoxicated with bass, but the bass was enjoyable, not bloated not overbearing just tight fast punches which could make a person nausea.

I like big bass and I cannot lie...and Genesis gave it to me hard and fast constant pounding.

If you're hardcore basshead, this was like sex in your ear canals.

But like all FA it was an ugly duckling out of the box, the mids are recess and the highs are like a glass ceiling.

I've dumped it my burn in box to allow it to cook for at least 48 hours before I resume review.

Falcon SRP $82 SGD

Build Quality -

The build quality of the Falcon is about the same with Genesis, with it's cloth sleeved cable and durable plastic.

This interesting to note is that it is almost like the Klipsch Image X5, same same but different. However It is made of matt black plastic with a silver highlight towards the tip.

The back of the Falcon has a nice plastic stress relief which is quite elastic and can withstand abit of abuse from everyday usage - I've tried tugging it slightly and place a little stress on each side.

IPB Image

Unfortunately, this comes with a raggedy-ass felt cloth string pouch in tradition of FA's usual no frills packaging.

But then again, for the price I believe everyone who wish to buy it will just want to get the IEM only.

Initial Impressions -

The tradition of FA lies in its sound signature of how it presents music.

FA is never about accuracy or balance, it's sound is best described as fun and it is evident through out their entire line up.

Falcon has a vast sound stage that encapsulates the user into the music, it is not very intimidating and provoking compared to Genesis which hits you in your face when you first hear it.

Falcon feels like an old friend's warm embrace or a kind stranger's endearing smile; first you are hesitant but slowly you're drawn closer.

The sound stage is laid back yet there is impact with the music - you feel relax while listening a rock song but still able to groove with it without falling asleep.

It has a mid-mid bass bias with very nice warmth but not overly warm where it feels like it's bloated - some what a pet peeve of mine when it comes to audio.

There is traces of sparkles in the mid - highs which makes the cymbals shimmering in the background.

Bass impact is there, it doesn't extend as low and more polite and mild mannered compared to the Eterna and Genesis.

It is still enough to basshead neophytes a good experience with their music - which may still be too much for people who are extremely sensitive to bass

It seems it still suffer from the pre-burn in syndrome - recessed mids and rolled off highs.

Time to cook it for 50 hours..

TBC