Sign in to follow this  
musiclinkav

LAT INTERNATIONAL HIGHLY REVIEWED AC2-MK2 POWERCORD FROM USA

New shipment has arrived for LAT AC2-MK2.

Hurry SOLD our 4th spool of 100m. We are into our 5th spool. Hurry get it soon! While stocks last!

Special Promo Price@ S$99.00/M. Usual Price@ $188.00/M. FREE WATTGATE 320i IEC + WATTGATE/MARINCO 5266i US plug or WATTGATE 320i IEC + PermaPLug UK plug with a minimum purchase of 2m length of the AC2 MK2. To further sweeten the perks, we will also throw in braid coverings to protect your purchase. Hurry While Stocks Last!

Buy a minimum of 2m of the AC-2MK2, we will offer you a pair of Wattgate 320i IEC + Marinco/Wattgate 5266i US power plug or Wattgate 320i IEC + Perma Plug UK power plugs are absolutely FREE. No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you and neither are our fingers having cramps to TYPE such a mistake.

Hurry While Stocks Last! Promo starts this Monday 1 Nov 2010 and ends 31 Dec 2010. Promotion extended due to popular demand!

IPB Image

AC-2 MK II
One of the Finest Power Cords
Anyone who is knowledgeable of power cords in the High-End industry and is also knowledgeable of those that receive great recommendations, will, I am sure, know of the reputation of our original AC-2 power cord. However, we work continually in developing improvements to all of our cables. This 10 gauge AC-2 MK II is a significant upgrade to the original. Improvements include a new and more effective weaving geometry, 6 nines OFHC (Oxygen Free High Conductivity Copper) and improved shielding to provide for elimination of RF and EMI interferences. Insulation is upgraded from FEP Teflon to PTFE Teflon; more costly; but the best insulation available.

Our proprietary Silverfuse conductor material is also used on this cable. See an explanation of the Siverfuse process further down on this page.

Connectors are also upgraded; we built this cord with a heavy duty IEC female connector (Wattgate) at the component end and at the wall receptacle end, the well respected audio grade Wattgate/Marinco plug. Customers tell us they have compared this cable to far more expensive cords and have found ours to perform far better. You can see their exact comments at audio review.

We have also included a heavy-duty outer jacket to protect the interior and to also prevent against sharp bending of the cable. We have found that cables that do not have this additional protection, if bent too sharply, can be susceptible to sustaining small fissures (cracks) in the conductor which, over a period of time; can degrade the performance of the cable. This is one of the reasons that used cable gets into the used cable market. Performance has deteriorated and usually the former owner does not realize why. This is especially true of cables that use a plastic mesh as their only outer protection.

Plastic mesh outer coverings are a sign of a hand made cable; (see our “Cable Hype” page in our web site concerning the problems with hand made cables). We are proud that our customers tell us that this is truly an outstanding power cord.

EXPLANATION OF OUR PROPRIETARY SILVERFUSE CONDUCTOR MATERIAL: Silverfuse is a near alloy of silver and copper. The copper used in this process is Single Crystal Continuous Cast Copper. It has unique physical and chemical properties, such as considerably longer granules with absolute absence of gaseous impurities such as oxygen, carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen. It is free from impurities (up to 99.99998% pure copper). It is far better than continuous cast Oxygen Free High Conductivity wire (OFHC). IT IS NOT SILVER PLATED. Silver plating causes a dioding effect when signal is passing through resulting in brightness and distortion. Because silver plating has a bad reputation, some manufacturers try to disguise the fact by calling it silver coated, silver clad or silver/copper hybrid. But they are all silver plated. Our Silverfuse process starts with Single Crystal Continuous Cast Copper wire with a diameter that is slightly larger than the required size. It is then pulled through a trough of molten silver. The wire with a silver deposit is then forced through a compacting process where it is subject to tremendous pressure. The silver and the copper are fused together into a near alloy. The compacting fusion also reduces the wire diameter to the desired size. No dioding subsequently occurs with this process. The result provides for the benefits of silver; which are excellent definition and clarity, with the high purity copper benefits of warmth and mellowness. (Incidentally, pure silver wire also causes brightness)

Please note that we have available power cords as short as 1.5 meters (4.92 ft.). However, any length shorter than 1.8 meters (5.9 feet)will begin to degrade the effectiveness of the shielding and filtering capabilities; regardless of who is the manufacturer. Power cords are not like speaker cable and interconnects where shorter is better.

Awards & Reviews:

HIFI CHOICE RECOMMENDED PRODUCT.

PROMO STARTS ON MONDAY 1 NOV 2010@

MUSICLINK AV DISTRIBUTION
100 BEACH ROAD, #02-46-49
SHAW TOWER
SINGAPORE 189702
TEL: 62911106
BUSINESS HOURS: MON-SAT: 12.30-8PM daily.
                          SUN & PUBLIC HOLIDAY: CLOSED.

Edited by musiclinkav

Sign in to follow this