Long

In Ear Earphones <$80~100

Hi all~

I am looking for a new set of earphones and I stumbled into this site (well normally i just buy them off the shelf thus never really look around).

I have read quite a few similar topics around so I decided to maybe start my own since everyone's requirement is different.

Firstly, the $80~100 price could be slightly stretchable(to maybe $120?) if I can really feel good about the earphones.

Next, do I need an amp?? Well I have not figured out that yet so just throwing that question in.

Now my requirements: (saw this from someone else's post and feel its quite suitable)

1. Noise isolation (I know In-Ears are good for this but I guess I don't want to hear the Mrt Jingle)

2. Solid build (hopefully the cable and connections could last well, my last one got abused and spoilt)

3. Sound quality, this I don't know (I'm not sure of what is good for what I normally listen to thou. I normally listen to a fair bit of R&B+pop, some Bossa Nova, some kevin kern.)

Appreciates any comments or recommendations. ^^ thanks! Open to suggestions~

Oh yeah, I am using either my ipod touch 2nd Gen or Blackberry Bold for songs currently.

For that price range of IEMs, I would really recommend the Hippo line of IEMs.

I particularly like the Hippo 10, that one is really really good for the price and i would recommend it to anyone. In fact, I was trying to get one of those earphones but they were out of stock at that time.

Jaben carries the Hippos.

I suggest you may want to try JVC HAFXC80 in Headphone Gallery in Funan 2nd floor.

I like it very much, a bit bassy, but still within my acceptable level (I'm not basshead at all), midrange is smooth and warm, and sparkling treble. Clarity and imaging is very good.

IPB Image

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AIL2H...&pf_rd_i=507846