Sign in to follow this  
sirtech

recommendation for travel headphones

Dear All,

I'm new to this and looking for a suitable headphones for inflight entertainment usage and to block out the unneccesary sounds in the plane. So far, have been introduced to:

Sennheiser PXC250-II (S$299)

Sennheiser PXC310 (not BT version, S$400+)

Bose QC15 (now S$539, christmas promotion)

Hope to get advice from experts here on what are the other better value for money options? (budget is below S$500) or if the 3 are the better ones in the market, where would be a good place to get them at more attractive prices. :yes:

Thanks in advance

Hi, I think this is the wrong place to post this, hope the mods will move it to another place.

Anyway, the better places to get and try headphones would be Jaben and Stereo in Singapore.

If you are going to be in a plane, you could also look into iems as well. Cause that would widen your choices by a large margin.

I would suggest you get a flight adapter, which has a resistor inside, because the inflight sounds can get insanely loud when the PA system comes on.

I've personally tried the PXC250 and find that it hisses quite a lot, so it depends on what kind of music you are going to listen to when you are not in the plane.

Denon has a noise cancelling headset as well, might want to try that out too. I would really suggest you go down to either Jaben or Stereo to test some headsets out. The people there will be able to recommend you some too.

Note: I think Bose is overpriced. I generally avoid it with a passion.