Sign in to follow this  
McLazy

Shure se425!

Hi all, juz want to share my impression on shure se425. I own Ue TF10 and Ue superfi 5vi, I am a big fan of UE as I love the sound signature. But after sometime I decided to try out shure. So I got se425 which is within my budget. After a week of intensive usage, I came to some conclusion on se425.

Initially when I used se425, I felt that the sound was muddy( not very muddy, but not as clear I expected), so I decided to burn in. After abt 40hours of burnt in, it's much much clearer and brighter. Bit strange for an armature driver requires burn in. After the burn in, it sounds very good man. Compared to tf10, the sound produced is less 'colored', it's flat. It is diff from tf10 which emphasize on the fast and sharp treble. I enjoy listening to tf10 and love the se425's sound. So, conclusion, I am impressed with shure se425. I will recommend to those who is looking for 'true' sound experience. For the bassy, sorry man, this is not for u.

How's the bass compare to TF10 bass? Bass level, tightness, low extension... Thanks! :)

I like TF10, the bass level is acceptable but on the low side. Tried SE530 for a few months, nice midrange and vocal, but it sounds boring to me, the midrange is too dominant.