Sign in to follow this  
okw3188

Audeze LCD-2 is in town

try headfi...

to have a lcd2 with your amp , u can treat us lcd2 kopi so u can try it :) or the sg distributor for a trial(search function pls)

anyway lcd2 is very easily driven , any decent amp should work fine

Edited by alamakazam

Are you sure you can tap the digital output from the iPod? There are only a few machines as far as I am aware that can receive digital output from the iPod, the Wadia, Onkyo, iDecco etc. but I never knew the Marantz KI has this feature.

I'm using the onboard DAC from my Marantz KI Pearl Lite cd player. This player has an USB input that accepts iPod too.

So, I'm taping the digital signal from my iPod and then feed it to the Marantz onboard DAC. Output of the cd player is fed directly to Meier Concerto (set at high gain).

I have no problem driving it, normal listening level of my Meier Concerto is set up 11 o'clock.

Using my LCD2 with Double Helix Clone Premium cables, and they sound even better than either of the stock cables. Has anyone else tried different replacement cables?

Using my LCD2 with Double Helix Clone Premium cables, and they sound even better than either of the stock cables. Has anyone else tried different replacement cables?

You ordered online? Is there a local dealer for those cables?

You ordered online? Is there a local dealer for those cables?

Yeah, online. The dealer for Double Helix Cables, Peter is great to deal with.

My custom cable....

My custom cable....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Look familiar? ;)

Nice!...looks well made. What kind of cable was used, and does it weight down the whole headphones a lot more?

What kind of improvements are you getting vs the stock cord with your custom one?

Nice!...looks well made. What kind of cable was used, and does it weight down the whole headphones a lot more?

What kind of improvements are you getting vs the stock cord with your custom one?

It's Kimber 4TC. It's definitely heavier than the both stock (new and old) but not a problem for me. Kind of gotten used to it like i have gotten used to LCD2's weight. I can listen to it for hours.

Sonically, everything was a notch or two higher in quality. Better high frequency extension resulting in more space and air. This is without sacrificing midrange body which some cables do. Midrange has greater sense of presence. Now vocals sound even more palpable. This is probably related to better imaging.

It has this "live" feel yet maintaining control/focus and refinement.

It's Kimber 4TC. It's definitely heavier than the both stock (new and old) but not a problem for me. Kind of gotten used to it like i have gotten used to LCD2's weight. I can listen to it for hours.

Sonically, everything was a notch or two higher in quality. Better high frequency extension resulting in more space and air. This is without sacrificing midrange body which some cables do. Midrange has greater sense of presence. Now vocals sound even more palpable. This is probably related to better imaging.

It has this "live" feel yet maintaining control/focus and refinement.

I've owned the 8TC before a while back as speaker cables, so I'm more or less I'm familiar with the sound characteristics.

The LCD2's weight was initially quite heavy, but now it feels very 'normal' on my head as well.

With my DHC Clones vs the stock, I'm getting smooth, articulate, good details, and just enough bass without excessive bloat (also less muddy-sounding)....the music just flows, making it very relaxing to listen. Much better details get through as well (previously more obscured with the stock cables). Vocals are definitely sweeter vs stock, and imaging is also more defined. If you are familiar with the usual characteristics of occ copper wire, then it will be easy to gather the improvements.

Thanks for the feedback/explanation on your fine custom cables!

I'm using TWag on my LCD-2. Initially the run-in period (about 300 hrs), the soundstaging is just so-so. But once after that, I'm totally impressed!

Much better response in both high and low frequency, comparing to both versions of the stock cable. As I mainly listen to vocal and classical music, its mid-range response is simply :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm using TWag on my LCD-2. Initially the run-in period (about 300 hrs), the soundstaging is just so-so. But once after that, I'm totally impressed!

Much better response in both high and low frequency, comparing to both versions of the stock cable. As I mainly listen to vocal and classical music, its mid-range response is simply :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Glad to see I'm not alone when it comes to replacing the stock cables...!

Was hoping to audition Blossom headamps with LCD2 but apparently there's no distributor in Singapore. So went to audition the Graham Slee Solo. NICE!!!!! I find it very neutral sounding and I like it a lot with the LCD2. Gets out of the way and just provide the juice for LCD2. I chose SRG II over Linear cos I find Linear a little "lean" for my taste. But I have to mention that both amps are not well burn-in during the audition cos they are relatively new from the box.

On other note, LCD2 now also available at Stereo Electronics.

Was hoping to audition Blossom headamps with LCD2 but apparently there's no distributor in Singapore. So went to audition the Graham Slee Solo. NICE!!!!! I find it very neutral sounding and I like it a lot with the LCD2. Gets out of the way and just provide the juice for LCD2. I chose SRG II over Linear cos I find Linear a little "lean" for my taste. But I have to mention that both amps are not well burn-in during the audition cos they are relatively new from the box.

On other note, LCD2 now also available at Stereo Electronics.

The LCD2s are not too hard to drive, unlike the HE6s, so it's a matter of finding a suitable amp according to one's preference. LCD2s sound good with solid state amps!

Just ordered a pair of LCD-2 from Stereo at Plaza Singapura this afternoon. They don't have stock yet. Hope to receive it mid next week, the earliest. I have an old Bryston BP25MC pre amp with headphone section and also a Creek SE headphone amp. Not sure if any of these are a good match for the Audeze, or should I purchase a better one. Heard that Burson headphone amp is a good match.