Sign in to follow this  
okw3188

Audeze LCD-2 is in town

Congrats to all owners of LCD2,

was wondering the comfort level for extended listening.

1-10, 1 being the most uncomfortable

Reason for asking, thinking of getting one after reading the reviews....

but was afraid of the uncomfortable feeling with over the ear cans

You see, I own a ATH w1000x and I enjoy listening to it but after 45mins, my jaw line below my ears hurt.

rgds

If anything at all, I find the clamping force of the LCD2s to be quite reasonable, not too tight, not too loose. But coupled with substantial 3rd party cables, they can be very heavy (as they are already quite heavy to begin with).

I'd probably rate them around 6-6.5 out of 10 for comfort vs the 8.5-9 rating I'd give for the HD800, but I'm largely more bothered about the weight than the clamping force.

If you get a chance to try it yourself, it will be best before you rush a purchase, because besides the factor you're concerned with, the sound characteristics may not be for everyone (though it is quite well received by most people due to the non-fatiguing presentation).

Guest crumple_r

Anybody else got neck pain from using the LCD-2?:) Wah, damn heavy man.

I've read that the Rev2s are slightly lighter than the Rev1s, which version are you using btw?

I am using the rev 2. I think it's still more than 500g as compared to my hd600 which is about 150g. So far the vocal, trumpets and drums on the LCD-2 is top notch, but strings like guitar and violins the senns is better.

I agree that LCD-2 is really heavy.

Nonetheless, the sound is very good... just need to compromise abit by giving up abit on comfort.

If you have a deep pocket, try STAX.. very light, very comfortable and the sound is amazing.

IMO, no dynamic headphone is able to match. :grin:

If you have a deep pocket, try STAX.. very light, very comfortable and the sound is amazing.

Which STAX is good?

I am using Hifiman HE4 with EF5 now. Quite good I must say :P

Which STAX is good?

I am using Hifiman HE4 with EF5 now. Quite good I must say :P

I tried Stax SR-007 MK2 at Music By Design and was very very impressed with STAX technology.

Tested with Michael Jackson's Dangerous album.

Do give it a try.

IMO, I think Dynamics and planar headphones no fight.

I tried Stax SR-007 MK2 at Music By Design and was very very impressed with STAX technology.

Tested with Michael Jackson's Dangerous album.

Do give it a try.

IMO, I think Dynamics and planar headphones no fight.

The 007/009 way too ex liao. Still have to buy a matching amp some more :sweat:

I am thinking of the 507, dunno good or not.

I kinda like the planar sound leh, though my hifiman is the lower end model and certainly not perfect.

I have never heard a STAX of cos :P

Yes, it is pricey.

Was quoted around S$6200 for the combo (SR007 mk2 + SRM727ii). But the attack is damn fast, listen to rock music is damn shiok.

I think it is hard to imagine. just go and try and get an idea. :cans:

Ya, i think they also have 507 for testing if i remember correctly.. SR007 is just right next to it, so... high chance u will test it :P

Have fun!

Edited by Zaek

Yes, it is pricey.

Was quoted around S$6200 for the combo (SR007 mk2 + SRM727ii). But the attack is damn fast, listen to rock music is damn shiok.

I think it is hard to imagine. just go and try and get an idea. :cans:

Ya, i think they also have 507 for testing if i remember correctly.. SR007 is just right next to it, so... high chance u will test it :P

Have fun!

I am more a classical person, that's why the hifimans (more so than the LCD-2 I think) are good for me :P

Love to audition the STAX, but I always feel intimidated when I go to those high end shops at Adelphi.

So did you get a STAX system in the end?

LCD-3 is out by the way, but nearly USD2000 :sweat:

I am more a classical person, that's why the hifimans (more so than the LCD-2 I think) are good for me :P

Love to audition the STAX, but I always feel intimidated when I go to those high end shops at Adelphi.

Hifiman not bad for classical..anw just here to say that i hope the lcd-3 will be a surprise to be just with the hd800..as the price difference is just like hd650 and hd800...so i hope to hear the same amount of improvement in the lcd-3..

OT:i am using my hd800 for classical and jazz and female vocal...it does very well for these genre to my ears..the stax are good but just dun have the slam and the feel that dynamic can do for me..

OT:i am using my hd800 for classical and jazz and female vocal...it does very well for these genre to my ears..the stax are good but just dun have the slam and the feel that dynamic can do for me..

OT: I am looking for the perfect classical headphone :P

What amp are you using for the HD800?

I thought that the orthos and the electrostatics are reputedly better for classical.

Edited by artemov

Dont worry about it, just go in and test. They are friendly folks... once you put on the headphone, the sales cannot disturb you :rclxms:

I did not purchase the Stax, instead i channel the 6k over to a hifi setup.

Once you get into hifi, it is hard to go back to head-fi. :P

OT: I am looking for the perfect classical headphone :P

What amp are you using for the HD800?

I thought that the orthos and the electrostatics are reputedly better for classical.

Orthos..They work fantastic for classical music, but not so good for rock and heavier genres but the he6 is an ass in the pain to drive it well,the he5le i cannot tahan the trebles..too bright sounding already

Electrostatics..They too work fantastic for classical music,the speed is fast and everything sound nice on it,but dun have the slam that dynamic or orthos can provide..although with the 007,the slam came out but does not slam hard and linger off( which is my favourite)

I myself might just be biased to hd800 for classical but i find that bass response is the most natural I've heard on a headphone(hd800).I have spend quality time listening and also playing in very good concert hall and i find that what is needed to be heard is what i am hearing from my hd800.The lows are the special area that attract me to buy it,it is ideal or close to ideal to me..

My amp is quite unknown actually..it is by a guru who i respect highly:TS LIM(DIVA AUDIO)