Sign in to follow this  
Fir3dp

little dot mkV or?

hey! i am moving away from protable amps ( d2+ ) looking for the desktop amp

i was thinking of the little dot mkV cos its fairly cheap.. plan to use with my laptop

i listen to jazz , classical , acoustic

looking for something that will widen the sound stage?

anyone tried this combination ¿

oh where do can u get this amp btw?

thanks!

I am not answering your query but I would recommend you look at amps with built in USB DAC, unless you have budgeted for a standalone DAC. If listening to computers, a good DAC is worth the money.

Regards

yea but i wanna built an setup so maybe looking at things i would use for long

i was reading up on the x-can v8..

many reviews say they pair well with the denon..

anyone knows the price?

thanks?

Edited by Fir3dp

I am not answering your query but I would recommend you look at amps with built in USB DAC, unless you have budgeted for a standalone DAC. If listening to computers, a good DAC is worth the money.

Regards

Hi, Unfortunately the Common PCM290X chips by TI/BB or other brands implement a cheap solution

so you are back to square one.Manufacturers go for lowest cost ,highest profit margin and easy

trouble free design in fact they just use TI recommened circuit. A separate usb interface with a standalone

DAC ic is better but I have not seen any on the market. -_- . regards.

BTW the X can ver8 sports a PCM2706 so you are really back to square one and it has a tube buffer.

like I said they slap on a cheap solution ,add a tube buffer and brand label and charge a hefty

profit for it.That's Musical Fedelity UK style. :)) Hey it's your money. cheers.

Edited by dacboy

hahaha i see

so its no good?

sooo... what do you suggest? right now im just looking for an amp first

i would like to go test the amps out but i wanna narrow my field first..

hahaha i see

so its no good?

sooo... what do you suggest? right now im just looking for an amp first

i would like to go test the amps out but i wanna narrow my field first..

HI fir3dp,

You are the boss my friend and by the time you set up a good system

you would have spent a considerable amount of money.Well if money you must spend then

spend it on something that do the job.Since PC sound is what you most listen to ,

Creative EMU 0404 midi interface

It is USB 2.0 and has a headphone output meaning builtin opamp but the power supply is switchmode

so not exactly audiophile standard.To really experience what is high resolution 24/192khz. digital audio.

Of course you will need the required software like flac and what is described in the advanced mod below.

However for advanced modders you can upgrade to audiophile standard here

Which I think you are not up to it so don't attempt it but may give you ideas to improve?

You can go down to Creative's showroom in Jurong east and have a look. regards.

Edited by dacboy

how much is your budget and what type of cans are you using?

get straight to the top if you have the moolah... you are going to save more! (avoiding the journey by going straight to the upper echelons of headphone gear)

if you dig the sound of solid state and you have any of the three high end senns, go for the headamp gs-x in balanced mode... i have tried it with the quad CDP2 as source and i must say it sounds phenomenal... (its a journey ending type of set-up) :)

or if your music library is already on a hard drive, you can get the eastern electric minimax DAC and hook it up with the gs-x...

Creative EMU 0404 midi interface

It is USB 2.0 and has a headphone output meaning builtin opamp but the power supply is switchmode

so not exactly audiophile standard.To really experience what is high resolution 24/192khz. digital audio.

Of course you will need the required software like flac and what is described in the advanced mod below.

I have checked with Creative at IBP and Marina Sq, they said they don't carry Emu products anymore. And Amazon and other reputable US sites don't ship to Singapore :(

Do you know where can I get it?