Sign in to follow this  
beckz

Need some help for headphone

Hi guys,

I've recently became quite interested in headphones. Part of the reason is becoz my wife often share the same study room to watch her TV etc. Therefore, @ times her tv sound quite loud n distracting to me.

I'm basically aiming to be either the AD700 or HD595. The Headphone will be used together with my PC, which i used mainly for movie & music with light gaming. N i will be using it to hook onto my PS3. So it either needs to have RCA input or Digital input.

Can some pros here recommend me a USB DAC to accommodate my hp? Creative has 1, is it good enuff?

Or do i need some like Zero DAC? Do i need Amp to work it my HP?

Do give ur pointers.

headphones nearly always have 3.5mm or 1/4 inch inputs - most PCs have the former, and most more serious audio equipment have the latter.

DACs arn't absolutely essential, unless you have a crappy soundcard. Personally, rather than getting a creative x-fi, i'd suggest spending the same amount of money and getting a low end m-audio fastrack (the dealer's in park mall) or similar digital audio workstation if you want a low cost, high quality source out of your PC.

Whether your headphones need an amp - look up the specific model. There's some decent amps (Schitt comes to mind) that arn't hugely expensive, but least with my current pair of headphones, my fastrack, ipod and PC headphone out all drive it well. An amp is probably the LAST piece of gear a budding audiophile should get, IMO

be careful of buying USB DACS if you are planning to hook it up with your playstation 3 man...

though it has USB ports, the PS3 just refuses to recognise such DACS...

i suggest you purchase a DAC with not just USB as inputs but something with digital coaxial or toslink...

go with the audiotrak drDAC DX or the ibasso D12...