Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

New baby + some nudes !

Headphonecrazy,

WHAT are you doing this weekend :-). More importantly how think is that faceplate? Looks thinner than the V2 so you could get a machinest to drill a hole large enought for a rotary switch. Then add a crossfeed board configured for 2 levels and stereo. Muhahahah....

Do compare it with Sipher's V2 which had several cap changes if you can. They also have Mullards (non box plate types - which are less warm).

If you like what you here in Siphers X-CansV2 then book a time slot with firefox. Add crossfeed only if you like it.

Cheers

Rameish

Rameih...that sounds interesting...mayb when u get it and do some mod...we would have chance to listen during the next SGH meet...wow...but i tot u won't buy x-cans? unsure.gif

btw..after tube-rolled..the x-cans v1 i have now..it's warmer but warm at the bright side smile.gif i personally think that an upgrade of cans may help in getting me to listen to warmer output..if a warmer cans pair with tube-rolled x-cans v1 still sound a tad bright to me..then i might go for upgrad soon...but not before i get my cdp smile.gif but who knows?maybe i would change my mind?but serious speaking...i need a descent cdp more yes.gif

Headphonecrazy,

WHAT are you doing this weekend :-). More importantly how think is that faceplate? Looks thinner than the V2 so you could get a machinest to drill a hole large enought for a rotary switch. Then add a crossfeed board configured for 2 levels and stereo. Muhahahah....

Do compare it with Sipher's V2 which had several cap changes if you can. They also have Mullards (non box plate types - which are less warm).

If you like what you here in Siphers X-CansV2 then book a time slot with firefox. Add crossfeed only if you like it.

Cheers

Rameish

This set is actually for my wife's evening listening pleasure (so that she will nag less rolleyes.gif )

I guess I can change some of the caps - will need to pay Frankie and Koba a visit very soon I think.

great pics sam! very nice amp.

(but couldn't you have used smaller/more compressed pics instead of 4mb worth tongue.gif)

can't wait to hear how it sounds biggrin.gif

I wish I was your wife! LOL!

I don't play favourites - or at least I try not to.

No I'm not an X-Cans V1 or V2 fan. However my main gripe about the x-cans is the imbalance in all the units I have encountered (this is not a problem if you listen to your music loud). However they have now put in a more expensive pot - the Alps Blue and they might have refined the sound.

So to me the V2 or V1 was never an option to change things like caps and tube roll. And you cant really put a crossfeed board inside it. However these things have changed.

Still, it's very unlikely I will ever buy such a thing but until I have listened to it I will keep an open mind.

Your pics only make me drool, even though V3 is not round. I sort of like the round design of the V2 and V1. And they make me want to look for ward to the review.

laugh.gif WOO COol man headphonecrazy kicking.gif .... that are really some solid pictures you have there Hmm w00t.gifw00t.gif ... built in taiwan R.O.C ... hmm lol.gif

Wil try modding some caps today to improve the bass handling. wink.gif

Now U have an excuse to fool around with your new amp on the basis that it is for your wife's sake. Cheeky! biggrin.gifhappy.gif

Wil try modding some caps today to improve the bass handling. wink.gif

Now U have an excuse to fool around with your new amp on the basis that it is for your wife's sake. Cheeky! biggrin.gifhappy.gif

Yepp, just changed some 4 x Elna Silmic and 4 x Muse Cap, initial sound before the cookout - improved timing, slightly better bass control and more musical than the original Jamicon caps. wink.gif