Sign in to follow this  
Transworld

What did you do to it when....

Hi Guys, when your headphone's synthetic rubber starts to peel of especially if your hp is above $100 bucks, what are you going to do to it? rolleyes.gif

Without knowing which specific part & brand of headphones you are talking about. It depends, if the part is replaceable & I still like the headphones in question, I would replace the worn part. Otherwise, for me at least, it's a good excuse to upgrade.

Without knowing which specific part & brand of headphones you are talking about. It depends, if the part is replaceable & I still like the headphones in question, I would replace the worn part. Otherwise, for me at least, it's a good excuse to upgrade.

Thanks N@Z, cos' my Audio Technica ATH-D40fs's head support & ear pads had peeled off seriously. So i only resorted to peel them off myself to reveal the cotton area. wink.gif

Ah... user posted image

I think I have some idea what the problem is. The pleather has come of the pads. I had a similar problem on my Philips cordless headphones' earpads. I didn't bother to find out whether there were replacements (if any) since I had used it for at least over 2 years & it didn't cause any problems to it's operation.

AT Singapore contact details:

Audio-Technica (S.E.A.) Pte. Ltd. Singapore

Tel: +65-7495686

Fax: +65-7495689

E-mail: vin@audio-technica.com.sg

Web site: www.audio-technica.com.sg (under construction but you can email inquiries)

Thank you N@Z for the agent's address. happy.gif

Welcome to this forum, transworld.  Nice to see some Xtreme and Echo guys here.

Thanks for the warm welcome Mackie. holiday.gif

Edited by Transworld

Enquire from the shop where U bought the cans and it shall be answered. It's just a phone call away.