Sign in to follow this  
The Audio Hub

GermanMaestro - Serious About Sound

Got these 2 cans and loving it.

Pairing it with my tiny tubes dac and it was magical experience - no shilling

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www.german-maestro.de/EN/headphones.htm

Typical german technology - Simplistic, innovative and very high quality.

Best part is that it is very cheap for this kind of cans - $458 for their flagship 450pro.

Still burning in but this is my impressions so far -

after some tweak with the tubie -> GMP 450pro + my Foil hybrids v1 extension + Tiny tube dac..

Beautiful...simply beautiful.

listen to kit chan, my eyes automatically want to close and go into my happy place.

She's right infront of you, everything pans out just right and the details are at the right place at the right time. Tonally correct and very enjoyable..

not being a shill but I'm sold.

Not many headphones can impress me the first time, this has captured my imagination.

Its cheap for this kind of quality - $458 SGD

I invite anyone who wants to try and listen for yourself.. don't believe what I say.. just buy me kopi after wards can liao.

listening to diana krall now...temptation..

My brain is being massaged by her voice.

Tapping my feet to the double bass, grooving a lil to the beat.

eyes getting heavy yet don't want to sleep.. sedated..

too addictive... but have to sleep =(

If you're tweaker/modder, this is like the honda civics of headphone world.

Very easy to dismantle and resemble

Balance mod/recabling/tweaking the dampening and even even swapping the housing just for fun.

The possibilities is endless.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The suspension system is very innovative. It fits to your face, if you got rounder face, the suspension system fits nicely without clamping like a pregnant dog and giving you a headache

This is my Foil hybrid V1 extension 3.5 to 3.5..this is to shave off the harshness and add more fuller tone to the mids and bass plus add musicality without bloating.

IPB Image

After some analyzing, there is a few strengths to this brand in terms of construction -

Headband is the same - same mold same design

Construction is the same - Size of the cups are exactly the same dimension

the only different build is the GMP160 and GMP8.35d

Only thing that varies - type of cups, some open some alu some open alu depending on series.

The most important thing that you're paying for is the technology of the drivers.

So basically you can put alot of precision and quality of material(high quality plastic) in the injection mold. Easier to control quality and cheaper to produce since you only have a standard mold for the head band and little variation with the cups.

If not for the elastic used for the suspension system - I would give it 5 years warranty confidently and it still won't spoil..

Only the elastic would wear out however the pvc leather band support is very well made and sturdy.

I would go as far as to say that even if i drop it, my heart won't ache because the parts can be easily replace by yourself and you know it won't spoil.

From experience with dealing with alot of headphones and iems, the cable is very robust and the molding for the 3.5 jack and Y split has been design to take abuse.

Very solid piece of equipment - I post some pics when I get the time.

The only draw back is that it isn't sexy or consumer ready product, this is seriously made for enthusiast and those serious about sound who can't give a crap about looks.

The priority is developing the driver technology and the design of the sound to be consistent yet having different presentation and aesthetics is rank way below.

If you're an aesthetics person, you'll give this brand a miss because I don't think even your wife/gf won't be caught dead wearing it in public.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/ful...HzBxdCMV5npI%3D

German orgy... added to the array GMP 160/400/435s and 8.35d..

I feel like a kid in a candy store with free access to any kind of sweet I wish to try and keep trying..

Summary -

GMP 160 - great portable cans, bass is bigger than the cans. Again no driver feel.

Very involving, excels the best in rock.. bass can't cut it for hip hop.

GMP 435s - Basshead cans but in a very pleasant "audiophile" way. Deep full bass without much hump. Open can feel with close can bass.. need I say more? More forgiving to lousy recording compared to the 450pro. But overall very nice for rock and hiphop..

GMP 400 - Refined but softer imagine. very nice for classical or live music, bass is very polite but yet commands authority. Still share the great microdetails but more airy.

Overall my picks in order of preference - 450pro/435s/400/160/240 ( beyer sound alike)

These are like sex in the ear....

Edited by The Audio Hub

Sounds very interesting :D

Interested to read more impression on the sound signature of those models :) Tx!