Sign in to follow this  
WillyW

budget headphones to recommend?

Hi all, im new here. I'm looking for budget headphones below $80. A quick search turned up some likeSennheised HD 201/202, Altec AHP524 and Koss KSC75 (though I don't like clip on). But those posts are mostly from some time back. Are there any new ones to recommend? What are the current prices of these?

I have two current headphones from Sennheiser, the PX-100-II and the PX-200-II. Do not forget that I'm talking about the -II models. The PX-100-II is good out of the box, and if you remove the center portion only of the earcushions, the sound becomes almost perfect. Excellent bass and midrange, slightly soft treble. The PX-200-II has weaker bass, but brighter mids and slightly better treble. Most people would be thrilled with the 100, but if you prefer the brighter 'phones, the 200 could be the perfect fit. I highly recommend both, and have reviews at Amazon.

Thx. I'll try them out when i get the chance

Any places that are reliable and prices r better?

I always do a Google search for best price. But check the reliability of the vendor also, which is usually available in reviews.

Prob up to 60-70ish. Don't want to spend too much, cos I don't particularly take care of my earphones and headphones and abuse them quite a fair bit.

try the superlux 668b/681 or the samson sr850

tons of review on headfi n headfonia. but only manged to find the 662f n 681f model in sg so far.