Sign in to follow this  
alamakazam

MO : Herbies Audio Tube Damper

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/rx.htm

MO : Herbies Audio Tube Damper

tube dampers or anything

objective : save some shipping cost and up to 10% quantity discount and 5% coupon discount <--- this is a total of 15% but might have 7% gst

so after negotiation

I am given 17% discount for 1k order, they are not willing to undervalue the cost, so gst....

17-7=10% total effective discount

If we are lucky , ica did not catch the package, I will too rebate u guys with the 7% discount

I am interested in 2 UltraSonic Rx-9 for my 6922 tubes

The discounts

Quantity Discounts: Discounts are applied automatically at 1% per $100 ordered, to a maximum 10% discount.

eg. which means, US$100 total order we get 1% discount , US$1000 total order we get 10% discount(max)

I have orders about US$500, we need another US$500

the shipping is ems US$27.55 flat , so definitely we will save some $$ here, we will divide evenly with the participants

I have 4-5 interested parties, so each person about US$6 shipping and 1-10% discount, the more the merrier!

Phases

1. I will consolidate orders (24th Apr)

2. Calculate total cost for participants

3. Collection of payments from participants (deadline 1st may, ah gong $$$ is here!)

4. Order from herbie

5. we wait

6. collection

Meetup at tiong bahru mrt or RainDrop Audio :) or by singapore post(u pay)

ETA : End of May collection

Old Mass Order done in xtremeplace

lifatec glass optical cable

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.ph...35167#msg635167

Order List

alamakazam : UltraSonic Rx-9 : Qty 2

Ito : HAL-O JR. Damping Instrument (titianium version): Qty 4

kchew Rx-30 Qty 2

kchew Rx-40 Qty 2

kchew Rx-50 Qty 2

kchew Rx-65 Qty 1

Bevan Rx-9 Qty 3

r31t0 Von Schweikert Big Fat Special Qty 1

total amount before discount = US$287.85

lets use this formula for estimation, assume 5%+5% quantity discount + coupon discount

(total cost * 0.9) + US$5

if we can hit US$1000, the formula will be something like

(total cost * 0.85) + US$3

Edited by alamakazam

Ito : HAL-O JR. Damping Instrument (titianium version): Qty 4

Edited by ito

Since i have been using the Herbies Ultrasonic Rx series for about 6 months ago,let me write a short review about what i feel about them so that more interests might be shown.

I was using the aerospace O-ring previously and found out that by damping the tubes really did improved the overall sound presentation and also have a much more quieter background and more details,but this aerospace O-ring that i gotten it at $sgd 4 each so i am very curious about how much a tube damper can help in the sound so i decided to grab a pair of Herbies Ultrasonic Rx-9 for my diva tube amplifier which uses the 6922 tubes.

The first impression is that the tonality,seperation and the stagesound changes are the most obvious to me,some might find that how can an inexpensive tweaks like the herbies tube damping instrument give can be such a big differences like changing a major component of your setup,but this is what i feel when i tested the Herbies Ultrasonic Rx out.

The positioning of the tube damper is very important from what i tested too,when u put the tube damper in the middle of the tubes,that is the point that the overall presentation is very balanced over the highs,mids and bass where as when u place it in the top part of the tubes,it will make the sound more tighter,better transparency and imaging..so when you guys gotten the tube dampers,do try out the different sound produced when u switch the position of the dampers too..to find the best sound u like,for me i just place directly in the middle of my tubes..

Edited by ito

alright we hit US$1100+

we entitled 10% discount , no GST

shipping is shared among 7 participants, so about ~US$3 each only

will finalize orders tonight and send out the total you guys need to pay.