opptye

Monster beats by dre? Is it a real?

I just see a studio beats by dre http://www.dhgate.com/p_ff8080812d3be2aa01...72b1b46342.html on there . It is exactly like the original one,bu the price. It is less than $100 for one. I just confused it. I have heard several times that the beats by dre has 1:1 high copy products, and the quality is very good. Does any one has the experience to buy the copies? I can't recognize the two.There are the picts.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by opptye

I'm not sure where Monster sources their parts/drivers from, but if they are sourced from China, then who knows, maybe the copies could be using the same exact parts...

Apart from someone risking a purchase, it's going to be pretty hard to tell because even if they look similar, no way tell whether they sound the same without trying them on....though I don't think anyone in this forum will be encouraging you not to buy originals, even when it comes down to Monster!

I have read in many places that there are many Monster/ Dr Dre replicas around. You either purchase them directly from well known local shops, or through Amazon.com. These are the only two reliable sources IMHO.

Also many differing reports, some say the counterfeit ones sound like crap, others claim they sound exactly the same as the originals. Considering that the original probably has parts made in China, anything is possible.

I think the TS is not looking to buy the originals though...

The printing of the leaflet is a dead giveaway. But they got this done well too. You'd need to A/B it with an original leaflet to see. The copy has a more inkjet type of look to it.

I have tried replicas Monster beats studio and tour. Sound is muffled and bass is very strong.

Is your assessment of them vs the originals?

I tried the fake studio, true is muffled, noisy, very very boomy bass

if the real thing sound like this, $600 is wasted... a normal $100 headphone can easily owned it

I tried the fake studio, true is muffled, noisy, very very boomy bass

if the real thing sound like this, $600 is wasted... a normal $100 headphone can easily owned it

Well...it is Monster afterall...not much of a surprise either way, if you ask me... :P

Edited by askl2000

Guest dragonboy

While testing my colleague's fake Monster Solo he bought at half the price of retail stores in sg, the headband broke into TWO!!! It sounded also slightly out-of-phase. I guess quality control is not something you can expect in fake products.

Hi, just my two cents worth. Not really easy to tell the diff thru pic as it can be deceiving too. best to be able to see and fell the real thing if possible. trust me, by having able to touch, feel and listen. more or less you can tell.

But honestly, monster SQ is not really great unless u r a basshead, buy them for their looks n style.