Sign in to follow this  
Thegodfather

Amp for beyer dt990 600ohm.

Havin this can for sometime, but my I cute beyond can't drive her very well. I assumed that this power hunger baby can sounds better by other amp. Feel like getting a little dot mk4 se. Any1 experienced with this combo? Or is there any other amp to recommend? I prefer thicker voice in vocal n wider sound stage for blues n jazz. Luv acoustic n percussion too..

Guest dragonboy

Havin this can for sometime, but my I cute beyond can't drive her very well. I assumed that this power hunger baby can sounds better by other amp. Feel like getting a little dot mk4 se. Any1 experienced with this combo? Or is there any other amp to recommend? I prefer thicker voice in vocal n wider sound stage for blues n jazz. Luv acoustic n percussion too..

Beyerdynamic A1

I haven't really try this thing out but it seems that u probably can try this fella.

Edited by dragonboy

Hi, i used to owned the DT990 (600ohm) and pair it with the maverick D1. using the DAC function of the maverick gives the DT990 very forward vocals and clear seperation.

If you use the Solid State amp, it sound a little aggressive.

The tube amp function adds a tad of "warm" and fuller, rounder sound to the DT990.

I believe you can audition it at some of the outlets that carries the Maverick D1. and hear the difference yourself. See if it's your cup of tea.

Where to get Little Dot Mk IV SE? Was also thinking of getting it for my HD650. Any good?

Snapper, you can check out AliBaba for Shenzhen LongRuiXiang where u can chat with the sales online or at Ebay DavidZheZhe, the amp is great for for most phones, there is another MKVI which has more variety of ouputs. I got mine when i was in Shenzhen, bought quite a lot of other stuff there as well at a special discounted prices. You will need a PayPal account and a credit card for online purchases, the freight charges are reasonable as they first send the items out to HK before shipping over.

Hi, i used to owned the DT990 (600ohm) and pair it with the maverick D1. using the DAC function of the maverick gives the DT990 very forward vocals and clear seperation.

If you use the Solid State amp, it sound a little aggressive.

The tube amp function adds a tad of "warm" and fuller, rounder sound to the DT990.

I believe you can audition it at some of the outlets that carries the Maverick D1. and hear the difference yourself. See if it's your cup of tea.

Hi Woodpecker, thanks for the DT770/600ohm, they sound great on my Little Dot Mk4SE and also on the C&C XO2 Portable amp, the one that i used to try it out before buying. So shouldn't have a problem with DT990 @ 600ohms as well. Yes tube sound is better for bass imho, when i tie up my KT88 fullsize speaker stereo amp to the ATH K7 Electret Earspeakers, works wonders.

Edited by Maniacal71