Sign in to follow this  
MrFoxhoundalpha

Recommendations of Headphone

Heya,I'm Looking For headphones below $100, I want Headphones,not In-ears please,Soooooo.......Any Suggestions? if there are,where can I get them? lastly I want good sound quality,not looks :D THANKS PPL :D

What will you use it for? music? movies? computer games?

Will you use it mostly at home? or on-the-go?

What kind of music do you mostly listen to? pop? classical? jazz? rock? death metal?

the answer to these questions will help us recommend suitable headphones...

Then you're already in the wrong forum :mellow: if there's a moderator available, pls move this to the Portables forum.

Let's see... "On-the-go" means you'd want to look for closed headphones, as open ones are downright useless on public transport. "All types of music except pop/techno" suggests that you're not looking for a bass-heavy headphone. "SQ > looks" suggests you'd want to consider traditional audio equipment companies, rather than fashionable brands :cans:

Looking at all that, I find it hard to go beyond the Audio Technica SJ series to recommend. In fact, your requirements were very similar to mine last year. I ended up choosing the Audio Technica ATH-SJ5 which had served me well since. You can take a look at the post I made then: ATH-SJ5. The current model is the updated SJ55 which costs around $80.

Go to Stereo Electronics at Plaza Sing to try it out for yourself. While you're there, you can also ask the staff for recommendations. They're usually very helpful and knowledgeable. :thumbup:

enjoy ^_^

I bought the Beyerdynamic DTX-300p in the U.S. for $50.USD. I think it sounds much better than Sennheiser's PX-100ii or PX-200ii, which cost a lot more.

I Tried the SJ-55 for a while,I did a comparison of it to the koss portapro,though the sound of the sj-55 was generally brighter and clearer,i prefered the well-balanced sound of the PortaPro to it though,so I got the portapro instead,as for the rest,i'll give them a try whenever i'm free enough :D

ps.i'm just a 15 year old student,trying to start a collection of headphones,i've got nine so far,all are under $100 though,I thank all of you for your help :D

just think out loud, no offence. why dont you save up to get something more then $100? higher range gives you more details and satisfaction when enjoying your music. just a thought =)

Hi everybody, I am looking for a pair of headphones or earphones with iPhone mic. I do not like the in-ear kinds. I am okay with anything from $80-$200 as long as the quality is justifiable. :)

Hi everybody, I am looking for a pair of headphones or earphones with iPhone mic. I do not like the in-ear kinds. I am okay with anything from $80-$200 as long as the quality is justifiable. :)

You could look at well known brands with good sound like the PX-200IIi, or buy blind (not recommended). Or you could do some research first and then ask for specifics about what you find in your search.