Death By Acid

cheap and good headphones

Hey guys, I chanced upon this site from researching on the headphones I'm deciding between, and was wondering if you guys could help me out here.

I need a cheap and good headphone for listening to music, specifically alternative rock, indie and metal (so i don't need those with awesome bass or whatnot). Looks don't matter, the sound quality matters the most.

Currently deciding between-

Koss UR20 or UR29

Sennheiser HD 202

Audio Technica ATH-M10

Or if there's any other cheap and good headphones, I don't mind also. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Death By Acid

By the way, willing to spend more on it, budget of $150 SGD.

Might be getting Audio Tech SJ55. Not sure how Koss Portapro would do in the MRT.

Used to have Zumreed Dream ZHP-005, but the mids and highs aren't that awesome.

I'm not familiar with your selections, but I'll give you my experience and maybe you can get some useful info from that. I use the Sennheiser PX100ii, the PX200ii, and the Beyerdynamic DTX300p.

The PX100ii is dark on the highs but has strong bass, not boomy or bloated though.

The PX200ii has light bass, and a good mid and highs but accentuated around 3 khz.

The DTX300p is similar to the PX200ii, but does not have the accentuated area. But the DTX300p is harder to make a good fit on the ears because it tends to slide around and not stay in place when you move around.