ablaze

Check out my meta42

currently still being built by Dreamslacker..sigh its been almost 3 weeks wacko.gif

meta42 v2.1 board

Vishay-Dale resistors

OPA637P (B-grade) dual-channel opamp (connected via DIP-8 op-amp adapter)

4xstacked EL2002CNs per channel (ie 8 total)

EL2001CN power supply buffer

Alps Blue potentiometer

one pair of Cardas rhodium RCA jacks

Biased into CLass A w/ Cascoded Jfets

4 x 470uF Elan Cerafines

Neutrik 1/4" locking jack

British made aluminium enclosure

soldered with WBT silver solder!

specs sound good eh?

tongue.gif

Can I suggest posting some photos of it. I believe I have seen it but it should benefit other ppl who have not.

Edit:

Since I'm here I might as well post a photo of my JMT built amp. Too lazy to type all the details. See for yourself...

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4b966496/bc...c7ALT.AHzzdglQJ

Edited by N@Z

Hi newbie here..

Enter the headphone scene something like 1 month ago when I got my 1st Grado125.

I'm also in the midst of bulding my Meta42. At the moment sourcing for components.Here's the part so far I have,

meta42 v2.1 board

Normal metal film resistors

AD8620 dual-channel opamp (connected via DIP-8 op-amp adapter)

2xstacked EL2001CNs per channel (ie 4 total)

EL2001CN power supply buffer

Biased into CLass A w/ Cascoded Jfets

Yet to buy Alps Blue potentiometer.

No enclosure in mind yet....

/me smacks ablaze...

Can't blame me if I've only a few hours (countable on one hand) of sleep everyday right?

And you mis-spelled Elna

Edited by Firefox

Should it be of any interest, scanned the specs of my JMT META. Hoping to have them upgraded in the near future.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4b966496/bc...ecification.jpg?

Ablaze, what will be used to power your amp? I'm assuming wallwart since you have ALOT of output buffers! Any reason for using that particular op-amp? Great specs though, should sound awesome!

The BB OPA637P 'B' is more analytical.. Perfect match for those who like ROck & pop, trance, techno... You get the idea. It's not that forgiving (no colouration of sound). However, it's not a good match for Grado phones.

AD's are more warm sounding. Matched with the Grado's, they make a good combi. for vocal based music. However, you can distinctly hear that they don't pack a tight & fast bass hit except maybe with the HP-1.

Try this link for the pics:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/naz7577/lst?....src=bc&.view=t

Thanks for the explaination Firefox.

Your JMT Meta42 is really quality stuff. I see Elna Cerafine?? and Neutrik Socket. Somemore the the enclosure very professionally done..

My Meta42 most likely going to be in those household groceries boxes again.. I have left over metal tin Mooncake boxes which I intend to use.

Cool jtfoo! More 'local' cases I say! I'm thinking of fabricating my own external battery pack soon. Gotta start somewhere! biggrin.gif

This amp & others are typical of the builder's (JMT) quality of construction. Yes, even though I am not even sure what those Elna Cerafine does they look very tasty! Neutrik socket, well, what can I say? cool.gif

The specs were specified initially with concessions to portability but discussions are being made right now to upgrade the buffers to quad EL2002 like ablaze's plus a 4700uF, 35v Nichicon "Gold Tune" cap & some other minor adjustments to the resistors.

This should bring it closer to a Maxed Out META. Anything more & I'd probably just get a Gilmore.