clubmad

Recommendations for in-earphones

Hi all,

am looking to get a pair of IEMs but don't really know much about earphones. Used to own a pair of ER6s, and am currently on a pair of sennheiser's CX-300s. I don't really remember much about the ER6s, as i used them almost 5 years ago!

I mainly listen to alternative & indie music, rock and of soundtrack/classical/ambient music.

I've tried Klipsch's S4 and i don't really like it as i find it to be more suited towards pop and R&B. Was thinking of trying out Westone's UM-1 and Westone 1 and maybe Shure's 215 and 315. I've got a budget of 100-200.. ( i know Shure's 315 is out of budget but just wanna test test)

Have been asked to test denon by a member from HWZ, and the prices do look ok from Stereo. Any suggestions? :)

Maybe can try the Senn IE8...sounds good to me for most music, but of course, ymmv..

You can test the earphones displayed at Toy Station at Plaza Singapura by lendmeurears.com. You will find models from Brainwavz, Dunu, Sunrise, Ecci and Vsonic at good prices there. I've got the Dunu Trident and the Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition and they're both good. The Dunu earphones can be had at even lower prices from audioshopstore.com.

I have a pair of CX 300 and recently upgraded to Sennheiser CX 880. The sound was really impressive and crisp with powerful bass. Hope this will help add into your consideration. :thumbup:

I think he is asking which IEMs to try and not the whole lot. For myself i would go for the Vsonics GR07 in that price range. See the links below.

Review

GR07

Gro7

Appreciation

Highly recommend the Klipsch X10. Audiophile-quality sound, excellent noise isolation and light like a feather.

The X10 doesn't have audiophile qualities, its an overhyped bass, very inner ear, overpriced and fragile pair of IEMs. imho.

Edited by Maniacal71