Sign in to follow this  
XiaXueYi

Line out of iPod too loud

Hello everyone, just thought I'd try and ask here if there were any good solutions.

Okay, so after getting my JH5's, getting music amped by both a Graham Slee Voyager and a RSA Hornet (on low gain) was too loud - and going below that volume would mean a L/R channel imbalance.

Are there any solutions to reducing the volume BESIDES switching to an amp of lower gain? (This would be my last option to consider because I really like the Hornet's sound).

Hopefully any suggestions wouldn't lead to coloration of sound too.

I tried using the Volume Adjustment for all songs in iTunes to -100% gain, but turns out the line out really does bypass every changes made to volume. i.e. it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, just thought I'd try and ask here if there were any good solutions.

Okay, so after getting my JH5's, getting music amped by both a Graham Slee Voyager and a RSA Hornet (on low gain) was too loud - and going below that volume would mean a L/R channel imbalance.

Are there any solutions to reducing the volume BESIDES switching to an amp of lower gain? (This would be my last option to consider because I really like the Hornet's sound).

Hopefully any suggestions wouldn't lead to coloration of sound too.

I tried using the Volume Adjustment for all songs in iTunes to -100% gain, but turns out the line out really does bypass every changes made to volume. i.e. it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

The Line Out Dock bypasses the ipod volume so the controls will under the amp. So try to play around with the volume knob first.