heady

Best headphones in the world?

I'm sure our friend there, is catching every detail he has missed in his entire listening career, tracks that he had listened to countless times and never knowing those details and textures were ever there, it is due to the quickness of the DT48 drivers that lets you hear them, best dynamic headphones in the world imho.

Am listening to mine right now through MD10, LD MK4SE, 120Ω adapter, DT48A, sweet...

Beyer DT48, 1937 to .......... 76 years and counting

Edited by Maniacal71

its is very beautiful

at the start the sound needs abit of getting used to

and the fit affects the bass with the oval pads but its comfortable

my major worry after listening to them just a while i can see alot of sweat/moisture built up inside of the ear cups :(

its is very beautiful. at the start the sound needs abit of getting used to and the fit affects the bass with the oval pads but its comfortable. my major worry after listening to them just a while i can see alot of sweat/moisture built up inside of the ear cups :(

You really should take them off before the sweat builds up too much and use a cloth to absorb the sweat inside the earcups, so it doesn't get into the drivers.

BTW, look up the DT-48E review at the B&H photo/audio website - the review by 'Audiophath'.

Edited by dalethorn

they were so comfy i did not realise the sweat build up until i took them off

yup i did wipe off immediately

will read the review

btw maniacal71, do post pics of ur babies

im amazed at the sound cos im using my laptop as source/dac to my diy tube amps(ssmh) only

read the reviews haha i have to agree, on first listen , its like where is the sound hahahah

Edited by nekatrall

cant see only see the imageshack frog

had to sign in to image shack to see ...

ur collection is seriously beautiful, very true to german function over form design

is any of them recabled? or all are left in orig form

Edited by nekatrall

Don't let all that propaganda about audiometry fool you - the DT48 was designed for spy work. The audiometry thing was a ruse at the end of the war to keep the allies from seizing them.

Yes it was a ruse to hide the DT48 from the Allies, now we use it for spying on sound engineers work, lol.

Yes you need to sign into imageshack before refreshing this page to be able to see the photos, sort of gives more privacy and spy work to unravel the code, lol.

cool

i change to photo bucket cos imageshack always has this problem

spying technology for the masses

btw what cable did he use/ did the sound change?

cos i do my own recabling and stuff too :D

Edited by nekatrall

The cable Beyer put on my DT48a is cheap - really cheap. A good cable would be better, but you have to be extremely careful with those drivers - they really are special.