heady

Best headphones in the world?

The original cable that was on that particular 5Ω DT48S was in bad condition, so i needed to have that recabled, am sure there are subtle changes but i should say lighter and with more clarity and transparency, maybe a bit more perception of width. This is going against the 25Ω DT48S so its not a reliable comparison. The 25Ω is warmer while the 5Ω is much more clinical.

compared the hd650 with dt48a

the hd650 had a big sub bass hump which resulted in me liking the dt48a more

altho the drum cymbals dont sound as nice on the dt48a compared to the hd650 but still liveable :D now liking the akg702 even more than the hd650 even

it weird considering i wanted the hd650 for a long time

compared the hd650 with dt48a

the hd650 had a big sub bass hump which resulted in me liking the dt48a more

altho the drum cymbals dont sound as nice on the dt48a compared to the hd650 but still liveable :D now liking the akg702 even more than the hd650 even

it weird considering i wanted the hd650 for a long time

You need to listen harder/louder/closer, try lying down with them an play a wide genre with them, they are more revealing than the others, the others tend to cover up mistakes.

Edited by Maniacal71

The original 650 was very similar to the 600, just a little less veiled. Then they apparently re-tuned the 650, so I wouldn't expect it to be as good as the 600. Of course there's no comparison to the DT48, where you have the ultimate driver right next to your ear with no filtering.

Not too sure about that, but since you are an owner of a DT48 now, you should add yourself to the "Beyerdynamic DT48" Facebook page, it belongs to us, the elite audiophiles with the spyware to prove it, started and owned by KBI himself. :rclxms:

Edited by Maniacal71

will do so soon :D im in sch now haha

cos they are doing some symposium and im helping out

so lots of overseas students coming over hence me the welcoming party