11) Salt'n Pepa - Push it

12) Womark & Womack - Teardrops

13) Godley and Creme - Cry

14) Visage - Fade to gray

15) Ollie & Jerry - There's no stopping us

16) Al Corley - Square rooms

17) Tears for fears - Everybody wants to rule the world

18) Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F

The guy who sold me the Sony D-777 left it in the PCDP. He said he did not want it anyway so he just gave it to me. It was a copied version. I used CD ripping software to connect to the CDDB online database to find the CD title and track listings. Today I felt a little "itchy" and so I listened to it for the first time. WOW, the CD dynamics just blew me away. Now I can't wait to get my hands on an original one. Wonder if anyone out there knows where to get, if possible, new ones. If really don't have I might have to look for a mint condition 2nd hand...

Edited by lekguan

I remember I came across something like that, 2CDs compiled album,try gramophone, sembawang, cd shops at chinatown, mj, etc.

It seems to be a collection of No.1 Pop/chart hits from the 80's judging by the mish mash of artists or just simply a compilation made by the seller. Here's a wild stab in the dark, Top of The Pops Hits collection.

N@Z, its an album. I poped the CD in and used a CD ripper to connect to an online CDDB to identify the album. Immediately, it returned "Wonderful 80s CD2" as the album title and gave the artists and titles to the tracks.

Edit: Ok, specifically, a compilation album.

Edited by lekguan

Ah, ok I missed that. Can't see the forest for the trees.

What particularly caught your attention about the CD's dynamics?

It just sounded "right". Like the best I've heard. Or maybe I'm too used to the new albums which clip all over. Well, the soundstage is wide yet accurate imaging. Perhaps, this is what they call "normal" and new albums are what they call "compressed sounding". but well, considering my age, these "compressed" albums should be my "normal". Too used to them perhaps.

lekguan then someday you should try those xrcd and chesky demo discs! They are not cheap though. At least 30 I think!

I bet you will be floored by their recording quality tongue.gif

someday I wish to own at least one. Darn.. most of my cds have mediocre recording quality sleep.gif

Edited by Blues

mediocre? Well if you call Jay Chou and stuff mediocre, then I really don't know what is bad. Hm, perhaps new rock albums like Linkin Park? Yeah they do hypnotize me to sleep. All in a mess. The songs are great though.

BTW what's " xrcd and chesky demo discs"

Edited by lekguan

lekguan: jay's recording quality alright at best. That's what I would call mediocre, in comparison to some better US or japan press cds.

chesky is the record company producing audiophile recording discs.. someone correct me if I am wrong

xrcd is a format. Just like hdcd, xrcd is a cd format that's supposedly better sounding than the conventional ones. But they come at a whopping 40 dollar pricetag (usually)!

Edited by Blues

yeah unsure.gif ... maybe tee can provide more info on the xrcd w00t.gif ..... ( he have some xrcd ) get him to write a perview ? kicking.gif

Hm, perhaps new rock albums like Linkin Park? Yeah they do hypnotize me to sleep. All in a mess. The songs are great though.

I think that your source or headphone can't handle it. The Linkin Park "Meteora" sound good on my setup.

yeah.gif

barradio: wow!!... I really like it!! But only the track 'numb' though!

3 minutes but it is soooo addictive... tongue.gif

I had no choice but to listen to the mp3 version on my laptop, though it sounds like junk no.gif

Hm? My source or headphones can't handle? I sent a ripped version of the album to fishball79 (lossless monkey audio) he say it sounded bad. Hm. I should rip it again and do a wave analysis to see if it clips. I think it is clipping a lot. Most new rock albums sound real bad because of clipping of the CD.

CDs are the kind of stuff which are generally "the older the better" (especially true for rock). Vinyl even better. Well perhaps that explains why this CD has good dynamics. Because its OLD!

Edited by lekguan