Joe-Siow

Audez'e LCD-2 Rev 2

dont care so much, as long as we share our opinions and respect each other here

in the end its called a forum for a reason

I like the idea of a forum to exchange ideas, yes. But my experience with the Really Big forum wasn't that way. There, they had senior members who had special privileges to curse other members, threaten them and get away with it, and even demand(!) an answer to their questions, and when you didn't answer, you got banned.

So here it has been much, much better.

I was reading about someone else's experience with the HiFiMan ortho 'phones on another site, and their explanation of how that type of driver presents sound that ordinary dynamics can't quite do. It reminded me of the time I heard someone's Magnepan speakers, which I think are similar in principle - driving from multiple points on the grid. I had a Yamaha ortho 'phone in the late 1970's, which was primitive then and didn't sound all that great, but unless I missed something there weren't any real breakthroughs in this type of headphone until the past few years with the LCD's and the HiFiMan's. It's even more interesting that big companies like Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser are not making anything like this. Beyer and Senn also canceled their electrostatic programs some years ago.