Sign in to follow this  
gryphon1972

1st recording

Hi all,

I have recorded a chinese christian song.....if its fine with you, you can have a listen here http://www.studioforums.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...24&m=9196025644

and give me some comments.....all comments welcome...

Oh...please remember not to download the song in the first post....download the one further down the post.

Edited by gryphon1972

Hi gryphon,

the song is very nice. My type of song happy.gif

Ok just some comments:

there seems to be a little too much reverb on the guitar (left). But I've read through the forum and apparently it's not done on purpose. Just a little less of that reverby effect would be perfect already! happy.gif

Well done! Hope to see more of your works

I've been listening to it over and over again..

Maybe next you would like to do some ballad stuffs? Your vocal seems to fit ballad style perfectly well! Very nice! Mellow and full of emotion

Cheers happy.gif

Edited by Blues

Blues Guy has good ears, on my first listen, I did realised that there is just too much reverb in the recording. I had to hear it the second time to identify that it was more pronounced on the left channel, I tip my hat to you Blues Guy wink.gif

Jon, I think you have broken through the production eggshell and now the only way to go is up from here. I'm sure you will polish your production skills for the better when you have developed better techniques. I wish you the best of luck!

I like the guitar work BTW

Thanks Mat.......actually the reverb is on the right tongue.gif ... the guitar on the left channel does not have any reverb...only some compression and eq....its the guitar on the right that has alot alot alot of reverb reverb reverb..... biggrin.gif

BTW I like the guitar work....because its not mine cool.gif

Edited by gryphon1972

huh.. strange.. I heard it on the left.. mm maybe the right one is to soft? tongue.gif

btw I used the etys to listen to it.. probably the only reason why I could spot the reverb on listening etys.gif! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Well, now that you've mentioned it. I have rechecked my mini to RCA and I did have them transposed(is that the right word?) and have corrected the problem. Yes it is more to your description now, for a minute there I really thought I was going deaf. Good work all the same and update us on your future releases wink.gif

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

we are watching you naughty.giftongue.gif

but then you have to remember that their soundcard probably sux! (Afterall this is through computer and mp3 format lol.gif )

Well, now that you've mentioned it. I have rechecked my mini to RCA and I did have them transposed(is that the right word?) and have corrected the problem. Yes it is more to your description now, for a minute there I really thought I was going deaf. Good work all the same and update us on your future releases wink.gif

mat so now the reverb is on the right?

hold on... the etys blue tip is for the left ear and red one is for the right ?

just to make sure lol.gif

To be honest these left and right channels really does play with you! Well for me at least.

Blues Guy, that is correct the red ety's are for the right ear and blue for the left. And I take back what I said about you having good ears etys.gif

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

we are watching you naughty.giftongue.gif

but then you have to remember that their soundcard probably sux! (Afterall this is through computer and mp3 format lol.gif )

I guess i need to make sure it sounds good even in compressed formats...

BTW ...since you are my supporter..... I will send you a cd when I have written and recorded 10 songs.....maybe in a year or 2..... biggrin.gif