kwhv

Edifier buy Stax

The page is dated 2009. The items on the page are also out of date. I went to the English page and there is nothing - no press release, no news, no nothing.

Sad huh. Company with such heritage and long history. Very much like some of the car makes.

I wonder would people feel better if Stax is bought over by Audio Technica, Sennheiser or Yamaha.

Guest dragonboy

Edifier will end up making electrostatic pc speakers? Or stax making pc speakers? Getting messy...

I have heard that the Stax SR-009 has gone through some minor revisions already, which might make existing owners who paid big $$$ for them a little bit nervous. So if Edifier can stabilize production and assure buyers that they are getting a stable product, that would help the Stax brand.

Edifier will end up making electrostatic pc speakers? Or stax making pc speakers? Getting messy...

Or electrostatic PC headphones for gaming?! :blink:

Someone on another forum translated an article saying that Edifier will continue all the production in Japan, so they're not moving anything to China.

But then it will lose it's elite status, which is part of Stax's image. I can't believe they sold the company for a mere 1.5-2 mil US$.