kooncm

Headphones have auditable "eee" sound when amp's power i

Hi all,

I can hear a low "eee" sound from my headphones as long as my headphone amp's power cord plug to wall power point without turning ON the amp and without the source connected.

I've try to connect to different wall power point in my house but the results are all bad. So i bring the same headphone and amp to friend's home to test and no similar problem found. My next plan is to try isolate the power line that i use to see is there any interference from other home appliances.

One thing i notice is this noise will become intermittent or go away if i do the listening after 1am which i usually do.

From 9pm-1am the noise is quite consistent.

Is anyone encounter the same problem before and how to solve it?

Do you think a power filter or isolation transformer will help in my case?

My headphones are Senn HD600 and AKG K701, amps are Earmax-pro and Yamamoto HA-02.

The power distributor that i use is Tacima CS929.

Thanks for your help.

ok bro the problem is simple

there could be a ground loop causing this EEE sound

see this

errh yes, this could be the possible problem but how to explain that the problem go away after 1 am.

If it really goes away.

Thanks for reply! I Just did the listening without the problem at 2am. I'll do some troubleshooting coming weekend try to isolate the culprit if any. Do u think isolation transformer will help if I really can't identify the root cause?

Try to isolate the problem by firat unplugging the equipment in your house one by one, especially the AirCon, PC, TV any thing that might be electronic, possibly a grounded equipment, turn off the lights too if you need, turn them back on if it isn't causing the interference. If all that fails, you could try from a neighbour's house in that same area, If that also happens give a call to the Power Supply company and see if they could take a look.

haha such a fierce approach but logical

well in singapore if u talk about neighbour in a hdb flat GGXX

btw my ssmh having similar problem but not time of the day affected found out the adaptor/power supply grounding problem got shocked touching the ground part

haha such a fierce approach but logical

well in singapore if u talk about neighbour in a hdb flat GGXX

btw my ssmh having similar problem but not time of the day affected found out the adaptor/power supply grounding problem got shocked touching the ground part

That is how electrical engineers close in on the problem like earth fault, by turning off zones one by one.

Hi all,

I isolated the power line to my bedroom by switch off all the breaker except my room and the main breaker. I also disconnected all other connection in my room and left the power cord to the amp plugin only. The "eee" sound still there :( . So I'm quite sure the noise signal is coming from outside of my house.

What should I do next? Will Isolation transformer work?

Thanks for your help.

Oh my, this you need a neighbours help, you need to confirm that it is the inherent source of your building before calling in the power company, that is you have done your groundwork to complain with proof. The transformer only helps to smoothen out spikes, for equipment that go on off, this smoothening reduces the sudden increase of current and the electrical draw which also speeds up your meter.