Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Anyone? Audio Technica ATH-W3000 anniversary?

Guest dragonboy

Hands and ears are getting itchy. Hope this time I can resist the W3000 anniversary temptation. Anyone interested? :cry:

Guest dragonboy

It should. I called up stereo and they said that they are expecting them to reach their stores this week. The woodie really looks cool. :grin:

Guest dragonboy

They should be in stock very very soon.... :)

Aron @ Stereo

I have a feeling... There goes my bonus. :cry::cry:

Guest dragonboy

Saw the post for Stereo that the W3000anv is in their stores. I assume there are demo units available?

Guest dragonboy

Will hoot if i happen to get hold of a nice number.... :dance: wonder where does those 888 goes to?

Will hoot if i happen to get hold of a nice number.... :dance: wonder where does those 888 goes to?

So was it good compared to the earlier woody releases? If you have the HD800, HE6, HE500 or the LCD2, I would be most interested to know how the W300anv stacks up against them...no chance to try yet...

So was it good compared to the earlier woody releases? If you have the HD800, HE6, HE500 or the LCD2, I would be most interested to know how the W300anv stacks up against them...no chance to try yet...

Compared to the earlier woodies AT made, I personally find the W3000 sound signature more balanced. Although none of the AT cans to me are balanced but at least the W3000 isn't too hot on the trebles, too dry on the mids and too stingy on the bass. They aren't a set of "good first impression" can to me for the price but spend some quality time going through various genres (yes, AT finally made something that I could listen to "various" genres of music), they simply grows on you and soon one will be addicted before you know it. :cans:

Soundstage wise, HD800 still wins in terms of wide but I find the soundstage very good for closed cans.

Audeze LCD 2 v2, is much stronger in the mid bass and generally more presence felt. I think that would depend on what music you listen to to determine if the LCD2 bass is just nice or too much, to me the LCD2 and W3000 is very excellent cans in their own ways.

Aron @ Stereo

Compared to the earlier woodies AT made, I personally find the W3000 sound signature more balanced. Although none of the AT cans to me are balanced but at least the W3000 isn't too hot on the trebles, too dry on the mids and too stingy on the bass. They aren't a set of "good first impression" can to me for the price but spend some quality time going through various genres (yes, AT finally made something that I could listen to "various" genres of music), they simply grows on you and soon one will be addicted before you know it. :cans:

Soundstage wise, HD800 still wins in terms of wide but I find the soundstage very good for closed cans.

Audeze LCD 2 v2, is much stronger in the mid bass and generally more presence felt. I think that would depend on what music you listen to to determine if the LCD2 bass is just nice or too much, to me the LCD2 and W3000 is very excellent cans in their own ways.

Aron @ Stereo

Thank you very much for your insight with regards to the W3000anv vs the other headphones. Glad to hear that the new w3000s are a step up from some of the other earlier AT 'off-sounding' offerings!

That's why it is tough to just have a set of cans for every genre of music...

Edited by askl2000

Guest dragonboy

I was hoping to find the W3000anv in stereo Facebook promotion :cry: ..

I was hoping to find the W3000anv in stereo Facebook promotion :cry: ..

I think there is already a promo with the 'buy w3000anv and get an AT stand thrown in'?

Maybe a further CNY promo? No complaints here...! :D

Guest dragonboy

I think there is already a promo with the 'buy w3000anv and get an AT stand thrown in'?

Maybe a further CNY promo? No complaints here...! :D

Free stand is a good gesture, I'm looking at a more practical approach... $$$$$ :party: