dnyboy

Recommendation for Open Type Headphones

This makes sense, because the DT-48A has a nearly ideal signature from the mids on up - not distant like most of the better Sennheisers, not forward like the Grados, not bright like Senns or Grados, and not dark either. Just a lean, clean, perfect pitch on music. Quite a bargain for the price too.

I was describing to someone a little while ago, the sound of a Skullcandy headphone I heard last week. I have a jazz track with mass crescendos of horns in several places, which the DT-48A reproduces so cleanly you can practically hear the sparkles of light reflecting off of the horns. With the Skullcandy, the horns sounded like someone crashing into a bunch of garbage cans in an alley, all covered by a big heavy blanket. Hard to believe, unless you hear it yourself.

The only Skullcandy Headphones worthy are the MixMasterMike, lousy headband though, the Aviators are 2nd but have a single tone bass.

The DT48A wins over all, just can't get them in any Headphones Store, Dale you did order your pair didn't you? Headphones stores mostly market consumer grade sub quality headphones, rarely true Audiophile equipment. The DT48A is a precision and professional instrument, the A denotes Audiometric class.

The only Skullcandy Headphones worthy are the MixMasterMike, lousy headband though, the Aviators are 2nd but have a single tone bass.

The DT48A wins over all, just can't get them in any Headphones Store, Dale you did order your pair didn't you? Headphones stores mostly market consumer grade sub quality headphones, rarely true Audiophile equipment. The DT48A is a precision and professional instrument, the A denotes Audiometric class.

The DT-48A should be a simple thing to buy, just order from any Beyerdynamic source, but also order a set of oval earpads and make sure to get a stereo plug to wire onto the end of the cable. It looks so good with the red and blue earcups and that modern industrial design, that it's not just great for music, it's a collector's item that everyone would be jealous of. It has a lean sound, not a bit of fat on it, and when you play tracks that have real bass, you know right then that it's the real deal.

The DT-48A should be a simple thing to buy, just order from any Beyerdynamic source, but also order a set of oval earpads and make sure to get a stereo plug to wire onto the end of the cable. It looks so good with the red and blue earcups and that modern industrial design, that it's not just great for music, it's a collector's item that everyone would be jealous of. It has a lean sound, not a bit of fat on it, and when you play tracks that have real bass, you know right then that it's the real deal.

Most Beyer sources, don't even have this on their list, lol. Yeah they are the best, the best i ever had !!