E1 Personal Audio Sg

Headphones - Fashion or utility?

If you wear them in public they're a fashion statement even if you don't intend it to be. Utility I don't understand. Is that like listening to background music while gaming or cruising the Web?

If you wear them in public they're a fashion statement even if you don't intend it to be. Utility I don't understand. Is that like listening to background music while gaming or cruising the Web?

Utility means only the sound and function matters, not looks :P By the way, nice gears you have :thumbup:

Utility means only the sound and function matters, not looks :P By the way, nice gears you have :thumbup:

Thanks. Funny you mention fashion. Maybe a year ago I would be strictly utility. But now the guys that make headphones are getting some good designs, so yeah, I'm on board with fashion for sure. But no Beats. Sound still comes first.

Thanks. Funny you mention fashion. Maybe a year ago I would be strictly utility. But now the guys that make headphones are getting some good designs, so yeah, I'm on board with fashion for sure. But no Beats. Sound still comes first.

Nice gears you have, especially the Shure :lust:

bro u posting same qn in all audio forums in the world is it :P

Yes :P Just want to have a feel to the general perception to this fashion headphones thing as well as the reaction from different forums. On one, the response was a cheerful discussion :party: on another was really hostile :rclxub: Here is quite muted :o

Edited by E1 Personal Audio Sg

well here is a rather chill forum,

well they were reacting to ur nick i guess at hwz, i did find it initimidating at first cos ur post count was low and u stated a thread so ppl were suspicious