dalethorn

Electric Avenues PA2V2 headphone amp

how does it compare with an O2?

I don't have the O2 any more, but I never heard the O2 make such a big improvement in the sound of any headphone as the PA2V2 did.

When I switch from ipod/iphone to the Pa2v2, the soundstage gets bigger very noticeably, no matter what headphone I'm using. That doesn't happen with the O2. It happens a little bit with the mini-DACs like the Headstreamer, but moreso with the Pa2v2. It would be good to compare a Pa2v2 with the O2.

The PA2V2 finally ran down today after 27 days of use. The past 10 days I was thinking, since I use it daily for at least 3 hours, the battery was never going to run down, so I left it on 24/7 for those 10 days and it finally started breaking up.

So it's very efficient when the power is on but not driving a headphone, yet whatever power conservation tech it uses has no tendency to lag when a signal is applied.

You arent going to be sending an amped signal to the FiiO in any case, so whether the DG has an amp or not is irrelevent - you should be sending line out to the amp whichever sound card you use. If you plan on using the FiiO for sure, than keep the DX since it is a better sound card overall.