Sign in to follow this  
Effective_audio

Mods and Upgrades to Ipod Docks/ Wadia i170

Dear all,

I provide upgrade/Mods services to all types of digital sources, like CD/SACD/BD Players, as well as DAC, and most recently, music servers and i-docks.

Scope of work includes typically:

Power Supplies : Installation of low noise FRED diodes / higher grade capacitors, as well as Low noise Ultima / burson Voltage Regulators. The main purpose here is to reduce the system noise.

Bybees : Installation of Bybees quantum purifiers and Bybees Music Rails.

Digital : Installation of Low jitter ultima clocks and burson clocks.

Analog : Changing of better quality opamps, or the Burson Class A discrete Opamps, as well as circuit modifications to get the sound you need for your system.

Other special requirements, like customed built low-noise linear power supplies etc.

Please see my website for more details : www.effectiveaudiomod.com

Featured Product.

Wadia i170 Dock

We have extended mods to ipod/iphone docks like the Wadia i170, primarily to make them a better digital audio transport. The mods specifically lowers the jitter and noise on the digital output, to provide you with more details and analog sound .

The analog audio output gets improved as well, and if you need us to focus on having a high quality digital output, do let us know.

Which ever the case, get to the heart of the Wadia dock and upgrade it first, before comtemplating on the external power supply.

Sample of job done:

IPB Image

Customer Review:

Dear James, After the mod, Prat is definitely better. What I mean is the depth of bass seemed lighter at first. But with more burn in things sound much better. The bass is better defined. But I think maybe need more than the 50 hrs recommended. One thing very clear is that the background noise floor is very very black. This is very good tapestry to hang the rest of soundstage on. I am excited. Things sounding much better. burn in, burn in. Ha ha :).

Mod Packages:

Performance:

Install a burson clock for the USB --> SPDIF converter IC. This is very important to lower the jitter level on the digital output.

Change and upgrade all the critical Surface Mounted capacitors to Rubycon ZL low impedance capacitors.

Add film capacitors at specific locations to reduce the noise further.

Mod the power supply circuit to ensure stability and low noise output of the voltage regulators.

Above will be SGD$390.

Signature

Install a Ultima clock for the USB --> SPDIF converter IC. Ultima clock has a lower jitter spec than the burson clock used in the performance package, to give you even lower jitter specs on the digital output!

Install 1 Ultima low noise Voltage Regulator for the digital section

Install 1 Bybee Music Rails to clean up the power supply in the incoming DC power supply. This is much more effective than having an external linear power supply!

Install 1 pc of Bybee Quantum purifiers to clean up the digital audio output stage

Change and upgrade all the critical Surface Mounted capacitors to Rubycon ZL low impedance capacitors.

Add film capacitors at specific locations to reduce the noise further.

Mod the power supply circuit to ensure stability and low noise output of the voltage regulators.

Above will be SGD$790.

As a promotion, the RCA output for the digital out will be changed to DH Labs Copper RCA, with silver cabling (BNC is also available).

Do contact us for more details!

James

www.effectiveaudiomod.com

email : sales@effectiveaudiomod.com

tel : 9694 nine704

Sign in to follow this