Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

DT431

woho, got my DT431 from mackie today. wub.gif

Burning in now. Some complains though, it looks like a toy. You will know what I mean when you look at the pictures I took. The colors used. biggrin.gif Also, the color on the grille comes off easily. And the pads aren't that comfortable. Oh well, I didn't pay so much, so I shouldn't complain at all. But its worth more than every single cent I've paid.

The box and headphones.

post-2-1066296058.jpg

post-2-1066296058.jpg

Edited by N@Z

Left side. Look how the colors look like toy and make it feel plasticy. cool.gif

post-2-1066299263.jpg

Edited by N@Z

indeed it looks like a toy compared to beyer 880 but they are of a different price range of course. but still, sound comes in first. ie the etys look like a joke but sound heavenly. enjoy your new 'toy'!

btw nicely taken pics! biggrin.gif

Sound comes later.

No i don't mean that the looks are more important, in fact, to me, sound overrides all. Look at how ugly my EX70 is after my modding. But heck, it sounds better after modding, so no complains! And I will not mind using an E1c even though people might think it is a hearing aid. laugh.gif

Oh well, I mean that sound will come into play only after burn in.

Nice pics, what camera? At least it looks more cheerful than the bland DT250. I hope Mackie can post some real life photos of the DT150. I'm aching to hear them!

I will resized the photos' file sizes so it would be more managable for the forum.

The shape is very similar to the dt531.

But indeed it looks a bit like a toy because of the colour! tongue.gif

So how does it sound out of the box?

time to get some amp and soon cdp lek biggrin.gif

Hm, amp and CDP, later lar! I have D777 is better than no amp and using mini compo as CDP already.

Oh, N@Z, the pictures are still too big? Hm they take up a total 1.24MB. Ok, I already resized before uploading, maybe next time I'll make them smaller

I used Olympus C750 UZ. I bought it at SGD999. I also used a multi function redeemed free gift from a petrol kiosk, which runs on lead-acid battery, has a fan built in blah blah... But I use the torch it has for the last 2 pics (its the same as a normal torch, except that this thing can stand on its feet and the head can tilt so I don't have to hold it), the most intense of the spot onto the item itself. I also used its built in 2 fluorescent lamps when flash isn't possible in some pictures, because flash would cause too much reflection. Hm simple lighting equipment. Oh yeah, the last 2 pics I used super macro mode. I don't like the first pic though, too dark. But I already using "manual" mode, but its still not manual. i can adjust aperture, shutter, ISO blah, but it still adjusts the +/- 3.0 stops of under/over exposure, so basically it sees the box too bright and underexpose it a little for me. tongue.gif Damn I love the zoom of this camera. 10x optical, yet the lens isn;t too big. Well if you convert that zoom to standard SLR lens, its focal length of 38mm to 380mm, tha makes the lens more than 38cm long when extended! But the trick of this camera is that it has 10 lens, so it can zoom a lot while keeping the lens not too big. http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/news/2003a/nr0...0311c750uze.cfm

Oh yeah, out of the box? Not too impressed really. Soundstage is wide. fatigue sounding (no choice, havent burn in). Harsh highs. mids a little lacking. Basically you get the idea

Edited by lekguan

They were slightly bigger than they would normally be. Plus there were alot on one page so that why I had to resize them. The image size is still the same as your original though.

Thanks for the camera description & link.

5 hrs into burn in, the harshness is fading. Its now sounds more lively and airy. Soundstage still as wide as ever, its imaging is, I've just discovered, pretty good. bass is also becoming a little more apparent. I don't know if you call this fast, but it sounds very light hearted and lively to me.

Starting to like it. OMG, I think I can't bear to get it off my head. No, have to continue burn in!

Edited by lekguan

curious as to why you pick this to other beyers?

dt531? 931? biggrin.gif

keep the impressions coming! laugh.gif

lekguan, congrats for ur dt431.

enjoy your music now wink.gif

continue burn-in and tell us the final results cool.gif