izalmad

upgrade from ath m50

hi guys!need some help here.upgraded from my sennheiser 499 which i love to ath m50.

any headphones recommendations?

1.prefer close type headphones.

2.cuz spend most of time in train,portable

3.comfort

4.durable

btw i use a fiio 06 amp..

and is the sennheiser momentums any good?when is the black version coming

out?

p.s price wise my budget is under $600

thanks !!!!

i suggest u look at reviews done by dale in the review section

he has comparisons of momentum n the m50 and some other headphones

if possible i would reccomend the beyer dt48s but it is almost impossible to find

If you don't mind paying for the Momentum, it's much more compact, more comfortable, and sounds better than the M50. The black version is available now. There is a new Soundmagic HP200 you might consider also.

Guest dragonboy

Heard that the momentum had a price reduction so might be a good time to hoot.

hi guys!need some help here.upgraded from my sennheiser 499 which i love to ath m50.

any headphones recommendations?

1.prefer close type headphones.

2.cuz spend most of time in train,portable

3.comfort

4.durable

btw i use a fiio 06 amp..

and is the sennheiser momentums any good?when is the black version coming

out?

p.s price wise my budget is under $600

thanks !!!!

sorry been very bz lately.thanks for the advice guys n finally got into buying the senheiser momentums!

loved it paired it with my iphone 4 n fiiO e11.

Now new dilemma..should i get

.1 a new amp looking at fiio e12 or jds labs C5

.2 another headphone cuz momentums is awesome but a bit safe sounding..looking at vmoda m100, sony mdr 1

.3 a new player..cuz the emi from the fiioE 11 kinda sucks..any recommnedation?

my genre is mostly rock(ie hendrix,paul gibert,john petrucci),and a little jazz,pop and jap music..

The Momentum treble is uneven - strong in low treble and weak in upper treble. The M100 is perfect in treble, but too strong in the bass. Unfortunately there is no simple EQ to fix the Momentum, but simple bass EQ does fix the M100.

gonna get the fiio e12 n test out the v moda m100 on my off day

The E12 is an amazing amp - it really brings out the bass in a good way, because of the power reserve it has and how that makes the bass solid and undistorted. E12 is also great for treble because it doen't make the highs so sharp or strident - it's a sound that's effortless, almost like live music. I know that sounds exaggerated, but if you have a good source, like one with a true Line Out (not just a headphone jack), the improvement you get is really worth the price.

yup you're right mr dale!been using my fiio 12 with LOD on my iphone4 n sennheiser mommentums for a week now.took

some time to get use to the sound changes but wow the difference between the fiio 11 n fiio 12 is wow.the clarity n base

for fiio 12 is amazing!but still gonna test out the sony mdr1 n vmoda m100 this weekend.wnat to see how they sound

with the fiio 12.its addictive this hobby isnt it haha.thanks again for the info mr dale.btw love your reviews

been using my fiio 12 with LOD on my iphone4 n sennheiser mommentums for a week now.took some time to get use to the sound changes but wow the difference between the fiio 11 n fiio 12 is wow.the clarity n base for fiio 12 is amazing!but still gonna test out the sony mdr1 n vmoda m100 this weekend.wnat to see how they sound with the fiio 12.its addictive this hobby isnt it

Good to hear your experiences. The FiiO E12 is one of those things that you hang onto more than anything, because it's got the power and sound to be reliable with almost any headphone.